News Update :

New Cinema Releases: 5th August 2011

Friday 5 August 2011

What should I see at the cinema this week?  Well as always I'm here to give you the low down on the new films out this week and it's not really the best one.  You got two choices really a monster movie that won't scare you and a Penguin movie that may just provide you with the weekend laughs.

First up the Monster movie I mentioned, Super 8 feels like it's been on the way for ages now.  So long in fact that I have already seen it a provided a review for you.  I actually thought this had already been released here but maybe it's just due to the amount of un-credited hype it received.  Super 8 is from J.J. Abrams who is currently producing or directing just about every movie or TV show to come out of Hollywood so maybe that's what all the hype was about.

Starring: Elle Fanning, Amanda Michalka, Joel Courtney and Kyle Chandler

The movie is set in the summer of 1979 and focuses on a group of kids making their own monster movie.  The kids are witness to a train crash that unbeknown to them and the small towns Deputy is transporting something from Area 51 to another remote location in Ohio.  Not long after the crash officials from all sorts of government departments turn up in an attempt to keep a lid on things.  Strange disappearances and events start happening in the usually quiet town forcing the local Deputy to try and uncover the truth.

Like I said above I have seen this movie and yeah it's pretty good but if it's super scary that you are after then Super 8 won't do it for you, if you are after something a bit more like E.T or Stand By Me then this will be right up your street.


Next up it's one for the kids, Mr. Poppers Penguins.  I first became aware of this movie when I saw an advert on the side of a bus shelter (I know I should looking at the road), it caught my eye but I just thought what is Jim Carrey up to?  Since then I have seen the trailer on TV and I have to admit that it actually doesn't look that bad, fair enough it might not be great and I don't think I'll go to the cinema to watch it but it looks like you may get a laugh or two.

Starring: Jim Carrey, Carla Gugino and Angela Lansbury

Jim Carrey is Mr Popper if you hadn't already guessed, in the movie he plays a businessman who as a youngster was ignored by his father.  Growing up to be just like him he now ignores his own kids and estranged wife whilst making work his primary focus.  One day he receives a gift from his father, six Penguins.  With no idea why he has been sent them he attempts to get rid of them.  That doesn't exactly go to plan when his ex shows up with the kids to celebrate his sons birthday, the kids are taken with the Penguins and you can guess the rest right?

Like I say this should provide you with some laughs this weekend, but at the heart of it this movie has a message.  Just like in Liar Liar this movie is out to show us that family is the most important thing.

Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.