News Update :

New Cinema Releases: 19th August 2011

Friday 19 August 2011

Three big movie releases for you this week and that means one thing, lots of typing for me.  Don’t be fooled though!  You may think this has taken me a long time, which it did I suppose but the technicalities where mostly done whilst I was at work a few days ago so in theory it has took me no time at all.

First up this week is a movie which I feel should have been released months ago now as I’ve heard so much about it.  Cowboys & Aliens is the new Sci-Fi actioner with a current twist on the Cowboy movie genre, I think.  I have to be honest when I first read up about it I wasn’t really taken in, but I do think it’s worthy of your time.

Starring: Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde and Sam Rockwell

It’s 1873 and where in Arizona (not literally) a lonely strange gunslinger called Jake (Craig) rolls into the small town of Absolution, with no memory of who he is.  Jake soon realises that the people of Absolution are not so welcoming of strangers and no one dear make a move without permission of iron fisted Colonel Dolarhyde (Ford).  The town soon comes to rely on Jake when it comes under attack leading Jake to start and remember who he is and where he has been.

The movie is based on a book and to be honest is not something I would usually bother with, but on this occasion I think I may have to give it a go.


Next up this week The Inbetweeners, a movie adapted from the hit British TV show which ran for three seasons on E4.  This will probably receive top billing here in the UK over and above the other releases this week, or at least it will in my house.

Starring: Simon Bird, James Buckley, Blake Harrison and Joe Thomas

The story is very similar to the TV show.  Will, Simon, Jay and Neil have now finished school, as 18 year olds they have oats to sow and head for the holiday island of Crete (Malia I presume) there they get involved in the usual sexual exploit mishaps that we have come to love in the show, for Americans you could probably liken this to a Jonah Hill movie (only funnier).

I saw the guys interviewed about this on Alan Carr the other week and they described it as basically a two hour episode with a fresh story that someone who hadn’t seen the show could watch, in my opinion this movie will be hilarious and is a must see.


Last up this week is a movie which I hadn’t even heard of, I ran by The Guard on the net last week watched the trailer and new instantly that it had to be included this week.

Starring: Brendon Gleeson, Don Cheadle and Mark Storng

Gerry Boyle (Gleeson) is a small town Irish cop who has no interest at all in police work and spends most of his days sleeping with prostitutes, all this time a massive international cocaine smuggling ring is going on around him which brings which brings FBI agent Wendell Everett (Cheadle) to his door, cue the laughs.

Like I say I only ran past this last week and felt on viewing the trailer it had to be worthy of at least 3 minutes of your time, take a look and let me know what you think.


Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.