News Update :

Midweek Mixtape: Rizzle Kicks, Foster The People, Noel Gallagher and Oasis

Thursday 4 August 2011

Back with the new midweek music post now and I have made a decision on the Sunday one, remember it's supposed to be changing to Must Have Songs For Your iPod but in relation to specific artists, yeah.  Well I'm not doing that now.  Not because I don't want to it's just the X Factor starts in a couple of weeks and that will be reviewed every Sunday as Britain's Got Talent was earlier in the year.  So for now you will get the midweek mixtape on a Thursday.

First in the mix this week is Rizzle Kicks a new hip hop duo who should really have been included last week, but the first time I listened to their song Down With The Trumpets I didn't really like it, seems to be that the radio stations like it though as it's all you hear on them at the minute and I guess it's one of those songs that grows on you.  Take a look at the video below and let me know what you think.  And oh yeah has any one got a clue how old they are, that's a picture of them on the left I think maybe about 12.


The next song is a one you would not normally find here, not because I don't like the music simply the fact that hip hop and R&B seems to be dominating the charts at the minute, that would echo really where this song currently sits mid 30's or so.  It's by an American band named Foster The People and the song is named Pumped Up Kicks, I've been promising myself to get to YouTube and check out some of their other music so maybe you'll hear more.  Let me know if you like it.


Since Oasis split up in 2009 Noel Gallagher has been the quieter of the two brothers whilst Liam sloped off with the rest of Oasis to form Beady Eye.  Now though Noel is back with his High Flying Birds, made up with a melee of musicians from various bands.  The first single to be taken from the album is The Death Of You And Me check it out in the video below and let me know what you think.  My opinion, yeah it's good but I think Beady Eye just cut it for me.


Whilst I'm on the subject of the Gallagher brothers and there really isn't that much new music out this week, we might as well vist an old classic from Oasis glory days.  This song is one of my favourites and probably one of the heaviest the guys done, it's called Morning Glory and the video is below enjoy.



Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.