News Update :

The Hangover Movie Review

Saturday 9 July 2011

I have finally watched this movie as promised to both myself and you guys, I really did not see the point of watching the second one without watching this first.  I have to say I'm pleased I did it has got to be one of the funniest movies I have seen and to say I'm looking forward to the second installment would be an understatement.

Starring: Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms and Justin Bartha


The Plot

Doug (Bartha) is going to be getting married and his friends decide the only way to do the stag party should be in Las Vegas baby.  you have Phil (Cooper) the guy who is married with kids but has a very open outlook on life, Alan (Galifianakis) the brides brother and Stu (Helms) the hen pecked boyfriend who is so under the thumb he has told his girlfriend that the guys are going down to Napa Valley on a wine tasting trip. The guys head to Vegas and end up on a wild night out, waking up they find a Tiger in the bathroom, a baby in the closet and the groom Doug has gone missing, the guys then head off on an adventure around Vegas piecing together their movements from the night before.  This of course does not go without a hitch and the guys run into some hilarious problems along the way.

The Verdict

I have to say this is one of the funniest movies I have seen.  I saw Cooper and Helms on the Graham Norton show recently promoting the second movie.  Helms is a real funny guy and the part he plays in this movie is hilarious, throw into the mix the brides creepy brother Alan and you have the recipe for what has been one of the biggest comedy movies of recent times.  I had not really heard of Zach Galifianakis until I watched this movie, I know he also starred in Due Date with Robert Downie Jr, a movie I've not seen but have heard good things about.  The part Galifianakis played in this movie was awesome and for me he definitely provides most of the laughs, that first morning they wake up to find a Tiger in the bathroom has got to be one of the funniest things I have seen the dead pan look on Alan's face has you believing that he is actually that drunk, he later takes a massive right hook from Mike Tyson in what is another extremely funny moment in the movie, and again when they have the gangster in the boot who beats them with a crow bar, ha honestly if you have not seen this movie then trust me you need to get on that.

As well as all the funny moments mentioned above one of the big standout scenes for me is when they all get arrested for stealing a cop car, rather than go to jail they agree to do a kind of show and tell thing with the cops at the local school.  Little did they know they have just agreed to be Tazered, I won't say anymore than that but it is extremely funny and I'm pretty sure that shooting people with live Tazer guns in front of children would be frowned upon, well In England anyway.

Buy the Hangover on Blu Ray and DVD Amazon.com



Would I watch it again?

Without doubt, I will be watching this movie again and like I say I Can't wait to see the second one.

Star rating: ***** 
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.