News Update :

Movie Review: BRIDE WARS (2009) Starring Kate Hudson

Monday 7 November 2011

I've been looking to get rid of this movie review for a while now, I actually wrote it back in July.  This should have been the Person of Interest review but it wasn't quite finished so I promise you'll get that tomorrow along with Dexter and the music post, in the mean time read on about one of the worst movies I have ever seen. 

Just for the record I didn't want to watch this movie but, my wife was 39 weeks pregnant and I ain't going to argue with her.  I figured if I'm going to watch it then I might as well do a review on it, it was a Sunday night and TV here in England is pretty poor really other than Top Gear, so let's say their was noting else on the TV.

Starring: Kate Hudson, Anne Hathaway, Candice Bergen, Bryan Greenberg and Chris Pratt.


The Plot

The title Bride Wars kind of gives this one away really, basically Liv (Hudson) and Emma (Hathaway) have been the best of friends since childhood, their ultimate dream is to get married at the Plaza Hotel, Manhattan be each others Bridesmaids and have the ultimate girly day with the weddings organised by Marion St Clair (Bergen).  Things are all going to plan when they get engaged but only two spots are left at Manhattans favourite venue.  Marion's receptionist ends up mixing up the details and the two are due to be married at the same time on the same day, hence Bride Wars.

The Verdict

Considering it was my wifes idea to watch this movie you would assume that she would kind of like it, especially as it's her type of movie, you know girly girly.  Well she didn't like it and rightly so this is one of the worst movies I have seen and I'm pretty sure that it's aimed at young teenagers as apposed to adults.

Emma got Tango'd, Liv got Smurfed
I think maybe I laughed once but can't even remember what at, that's how much of a lasting impression it made, in fact I watched this movie like three months ago and I'm only bothering reviewing it now tells you quite a lot.

Probably one of the best bits of the movie was the Hen party's, staged in the same club on the same night as all the girls friends refuse to take sides.  Anne Hathaway is not really at her most attractive during the whole of the move other than this scene when she gets a bit drunk and naughty, I really though it may be picking up here but, no I was wrong back to the bore.

The girls do of course end up making back up as you would know from just looking at the DVD cover.  Emma ends up being bridesmaid for Liv and que, happy ending.  One more thing I'm not the biggest Kate Hudson fan, looks wise but in this movie!!  Her mother would have looked more attractive.

Would I watch it again?

No way, my wife wouldn't even watch it again.

Rating: M (and that's being generous)
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.