News Update :

New UK Cinema Releases: 21st October 2011, CONTAGION, MONTE CARLO and WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN

Friday 21 October 2011

No cinema for me this weekend, I’m off out celebrating my 29th birthday….Happy birthday to me and all that, anyway I’m sure some of you are off to the cinema this weekend and if so then this is the best place to find the run down of all this weeks best releases.

First up this week’s top movie, it’s one I feel I should know loads about but unfortunately I don’t.  Contagion is a new sci-fi thriller brought to us by Steven Soderbergh, on the face of things I can probably compare it to The Walking Dead.

Starring: Matt Damon, Kate Winslet and Jude Law

Mitch Emhoff’s (Damon) wife returns from a business trip in Hong Kong, she develops Flu like symptoms and dies, a couple of days later their young son dies but Mitch is fine, as if he’s immune to whatever the mystery bug is.  The U.S Centre for Disease Control then have a mighty task on their hands as the contagion spreads to millions of people across the world and they know a cure could take months.

It’s really been getting some top billing this movie and it definitely comes with a cast that backs up the hype.   I just hope it lives up to what the expectations are and does something a little different to Outbreak (1995).



A chick flick for you now.  This is the very reason that I’m pleased not to be going to the cinema this weekend.  Monte Carlo is a movie which my wife may well have dragged me to go see this weekend, at least being my birthday I will only have to put up with it on DVD.

Starring: Selena Gomez, Leighton Meester and Katie Cassidy

This really doesn’t look good, a girl, her step sister and best friend use all of their saving to go on a dream trip to Paris, that turns out to be rubbish and they decide upon a little luxury and go into the lobby of a posh hotel.  Not long after that one of the girls is mistaken for a British Heiress and the girls are whisked off to Monte Carlo to finish their holiday.

Wow looks great right?  Yeah I thought so.  I’m just hoping the lady friend come to the same conclusion as me.


We Need To Talk About Kevin is going to appeal more to America, they seem to get there fair share of crazed gun toting youngsters, who walk onto school campus’s or shopping malls and take random pot shots at anyone. 

Starring: John C. Riley, Tilda Swinton and Ezra Miller

I don’t know much about this movie at all but is focuses on a mother who is trying to come to terms with the grief her son has caused by going on a high school killing spree, in order to help deal with it she writes to her estranged husband probably saying we need to talk about Kevin.

I’m not so sure I’ll be off to see this, from what I have read it’s pretty depressing and really hard going, no thanks.


That bring me to the last one to mention this week, as always I will shove you in the direction of IMDB for this, not only because that’s what I always do but Paranormal Activity 3 scares the shit out of me.  Honestly I have only seen one trailer and that’s quite enough, if it’s super scares you want then this is the movie for you this weekend.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.