News Update :

Midweek MixTape: EXAMPLE, JLS and REBECCA FERGUSON

Friday 28 October 2011

Back as always with all the latest in new and upcoming music, mainly from the charts but I occasionly throw in a little gem or two just to keep you guys on your toe's, this week see's the return of Rapper Example, boy band JLS and last years X Facotr finalist Rebecca Ferguson also releases her debut single, sorry it's taken till Friday but I've been busy.

First off we'll start with Example and his upcoming fourth single from the album "Playing In The Shadows".  Midnight Run follows on from Example's collaboration with Laidback Luke, that one didn't go down to well in the charts compared to previous hits Changed The Way You Kissed Me and Stay Awake.  Take a look at the video for Midnight Run and let me know what you think.  My opinion, it's not that great and I expect a little better beat wise from Example, if you like it then that's great but you will have to wait until the 04/12/11 before it's available to download, it can be pre ordered on iTunes now.


Next up this week's is the upcoming single release from X Factor 2008 finalist's JLS.  Take A Chance On Me is taken from their second album Jukebox.  The single will be released on 06/11/11 and again is available to pre order at iTunes, the new album will be released on 14/11/11 also available to order.  What do I think?  I prefer the more upbeat JLS, no doubt these guys can sing but ballads just ain't my thing, roll on there second single I say. 


Ok this for me is the most exciting installment to the mixtape this week, it comes from 2010 X Factor finalist Rebecca Ferguson.  Pipped to the winning post by last years winner Matt Cardle some would argue that she probably should have won.  I would tend to agree with that I like Matt don't get me wrong but Rebecca's talent is truly unique.  Her debut single Nothings Real But Love will be released on 27/11/11 followed by her debut album Heaven on 14/12/11 which will surely be a contender for Christmas number 1.  What's best for me here is the easy listening nature to this song, it's stripped back laid bare the kind of music I like the best.  Rebecca reminds me so much of Macy Gray, it's a shame that I have already given up on this years X Factor, one simple reason for that.  There is simply no one as talented as Rebecca, should she have been in this years show she would have been the favourite already and would probably win by a very clear country mile.  Take a look at the video for her new single below and if you get time go check out her X Factor performances on YouTube.



Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.