News Update :

New UK Cinema Releases: 14th October 2011 REAL STEEL, THE THREE MUSKETEERS and FOOTLOOSE

Friday 14 October 2011


Cinema this weekend?  Ok go on then but, hold up there may not be that much on so I’m here as always to give you the run through of what’s worth your time this week and what’s not.  There is a pretty big movie out along with a couple of mediocre ones, so lets check them out below.

“He is like a piece of iron”, that’s how Ivan Drago described Rocky in the 1985 fourth instalment, you want something like that this weekend then your local cinema may have just the thing for you where the fighters are in fact made of iron, well steel actually but let’s not get hung up on technicalities.

Starring: Hugh Jackman, Evangeline Lilly, Dakota Goyo and Anthony Mckie

Real Steel is set in the future a time when Robot boxing is the top sport in the world, it centres around the story of Charlie Kenton (Jackman) a struggling boxing promoter who finds an old discarded robot and feels he can train it up to be a champion, however in getting to know his robot Kenton also discovers that he has an 11 year old son who also wants to get to know him.

I really feel this movie could be looking forward, once the UFC fighters are satisfied they have beat the s&!t out of each other, then moving onto fighting robots may well take off as the top sport.


Who likes musketeer movies?  Nope me neither, although I tell a little lie I liked The Man In The Iron Mark starring Leanardo Di Caprio, but I really think one you’ve seen one you’ve seen them all, for one.

Starring: Logan Lerman, Matthew Macfadyen, Milla Jovovich and Orlando Bloom

The Three Musketeers follows a story similar to what I have heard of in pretty much every musketeer movie, a few down on their luck musketeers team up with the young hot-headed D’Artagnan in an effort to defeat a beautiful double agent and her villainous boss.  They win (probably) seize the French throne and cause a war, sounds great….Not.

This is one movie I can pretty much guarantee you that I won’t be watching this weekend if you hadn’t guessed already.



Now to the third movie this week, it’s one which I never actually saw the original to, that was released back in 1984 (I was 2) and starred Kevin Bacon.  Apparently it’s pretty good but don’t take my word for it.

Starring: Kenny Wormald, Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid

The story centres on Kenny MacCormack (Wormald), he is a city guy who moves to a small town where rock ‘n’ roll and dancing have been banned.  Being an outsider MacCormack has a rebellious side and I presume he starts to dance to rock ‘n’ roll or something like that.

I could maybe tell you more had I seen the original but sorry, I haven’t.  Will I see this one?  Probably not.


Ok last one to mention now as always I will lead you in the direction of IMDB, over there you can check out the trailer for DOLPHIN TALE.  It’s a family drama, perfect if you have kids and it’s about a dolphin who loses his tale in a crab trap.  Sounds like a good Sunday afternoon family movie to me and comes with a pretty impressive cast including Morgan Freeman, Ashley Judd, Harry Connick Jr and Kris Kristofferson.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.