News Update :

Movie Review: UNKNOWN Starring Liam Neeson

Thursday 16 June 2011

You would be forgiven for thinking that this movie is a sort of copy of the movie Taken, that is certainly what I thought when I heard about the movie.  All I can say is that you are completely wrong along with me on this one and Unknown is a great movie of it's own merit, lets take a look below.

Starring: Laim Neeson, Diane Kruger and January Jones

The Plot

Dr. Martin Harris (Liam Neeson) is attending a conference in Berlin along with his wife Elizabeth (January Jones) Dr. Harris is going to be giving a speech in relation to world hunger and a new wonder crop that is going to be made free in order to end starving.  On arrival at their hotel in Berlin Harris realises he has forgotten his brief case, returning to the airport to retrieve it he is involved in a car accident which lands him in a river.  He is pulled out unconscious and spends the next four days in a coma.  Waking up it is not long before he starts to realise that something is definitely astray, with his wife denying she even knows him and shady characters attempting to kill him.  To say anymore than that about the plot would just spoli it so I will leave it there as I don't want to give anything away.

The Verdict

This has got to be one of the best movies I have seen this year, like I said before it is no Taken but is equably as good if not better.  Don't get me wrong it does not have quite the same level of kick ass action to look forward to and it really makes you think a lot more about what is going on.  Neeson plays the character great, a confused Martin Harris with a degree of coolness, not much ass kicking like I say but in Unknown Neeson has found another way to dispatch of the bad guys. 

The movie is really clever and the storyline reflects that, it is a movie that makes you both concentrate and think about what is going on.  Again I won't give away the plot as it would take the most die hard movie fan of this genre to guess what is coming up.  Going along with the storyline is the length of the movie, not once did I think that I was bored or thinking where else can this go.  It was purely entertaining and gripping from start to finish and is well worth the cinema ticket or DVD price for your nights entertainment.  Although the action is not so much, there is one immense car chase which will really get your blood flowing and add to the enjoyment even more.  I can not recommend this movie enough.

Buy Unknown on Blu Ray and DVD



Would I watch it again?

Definitely, without a doubt.  But I have quite a few other movies to get through first.

Star rating: *****

I think that is the first movie I have awarded 5 stars so far this year, so believe me it's a good one, promise you will not be disappointed.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.