News Update :

Kings Of Leon at Sunderland's Stadium of Light

Sunday 19 June 2011

A rear treat for us guys up here in the north east of England this week when American rockers Kings of Leon rolled into town for a show at Sunderland AFC's Stadium of Light.  I was not lucky enough to get a ticket myself but luckily for you guys my sister was there.  I'm saying lucky I wouldn't get to excited she was sitting pretty near the back and the photo's I have for you show, well.  Nothing really, just some bright lights and blurs. 

KOL perform at Sunderland 17th June 2001

 
Lead singer Anthony "Caleb" Followill

Seeing as she was there on the night I thought this is a great opportunity to share some KOL songs that you must have on your iPod or MP3 player.  My sister was joined by around 55,000 other revellers on the night some of whom probably have better pictures but, no blog to show them to you (If you are one of those people then send your pictures here moviesmusicandtelevision(@)gmail(DOT)com), I will get them up here and pimp your ass off for allowing me to use them in the blog.
The stadium earlier in the evening

The support acts get the crowd going!
The brothers and cousins (the band) where here promoting there album Come Around Sundown one of the personal favourites in my car.  With that in mind lets take a look at a few of the best songs form that album on this post, if I get any photo's sent to me then I'll use them to stir up a Melody of classic KOL tunes for you to feast on.

Kings Of Leon rock at Stadium of Light
One of my favourite tacks on the album is this "Pyro" which was the second track released, a real grungy style song going right along with what the band wanted this album to be about.


The next song to share with you is "The End" another one that goes along with that dark grungy sound.  I love the deep guitar in this track and it's in my play list everyday on the way to work.


Last one to mention from their newest album is the latest single release "Back Down South" it's a fairly new addition to my car but I love it, there is just something so simple about the song and I don't find it dark or grungy at all.  In fact I think it's pretty up lifting and is a real good one to get you singing (not that I can sing).


Buy King Of Leon Album at Amazon.com



  • This post was written by Marty not Franklin as mentioned below, I just haven't figured out how to delete that yet.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.