News Update :

Must Have Songs For Your iPod - Week 15

Sunday 12 June 2011

Ok so like I mentioned last week I have been listening to Simply Red and Seasick Steve in the car this week and want to share a few songs of theirs that you should definitely be adding to your iPod or MP3 player.  Don't worry if there is any new music out this week that is worth a listen then I will let you know.  I also came across a song from Journey this week that I had not heard before it's not in this post but if you go check the home page of the blog then you will see it on the video of the day section.

So first up I'll start with Mick Hucknall and his band Simply Red, the band are no longer together and have stopped touring, not because they fell out or anything major they just want to try different things.  I love their music and recently I recorded a performance they put on at the Royal Albert Hall it's not new and dates back to when they released their album "STAY".  That being the title of the album it seems only fitting that is the first video you get to see from the performance.


Ok I could not find the performance that was done live at that concert for some reason it's not showing up on the list, the video above was live at the Paradiso, Amsterdam The next song "So Not Over You" is the performance that I was telling you about.  One thing you have to admire about this guys voice is how good it sounds live, if you close your eyes you would think you are listening to a CD, great song.


One last song from Simply red now and one of their biggest hits "Moneys To Tight To Mention" is one of my favourite songs on the iPod, the song was the bands first single released in 1985 and was a massive worldwide hit.  Check the video below.

As I promised for you now a tune from Blues man Seasick Steve, this guy is about 70 years old and shot to fame when he appeared on Later Live with Jools Holland here in the UK.  That was a few years back now and he has gone from strength to strength.  Steve plays a unique instrument a three string guitar which he made himself out of old hub caps and beer cans, now that's talent.


So that is the latest from this week I will be back tomorrow with the return of the weekly soap gossip post, I also have a couple of movie reviews coming out this week for you to.  Be sure to subscribe to the feed or via E-mail that way you miss nothing.  Hope you are enjoying the new layout of the blog, I'm still working on a couple of bits but be sure to leave me some feedback so I know what you think, cheers see you tomorrow.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.