News Update :

FAST FIVE Movie Review

Wednesday 29 June 2011

I'm really catching up on my movie viewing lately, and about time to.  You will all be pleased to here that I haven't seen a chick flick for a while now, well at least not last weekend anyway.  With Fast Five I was not really sure what to do, I have seen the first installment The Fast and The Furious I watched 2 Fast to Furious and have seen bit parts of Tokyo Drift, which starred none of the original cast.  The fourth movie I have not even heard of.  Onto to the fifth and they have brought back not only one main character but all of them Vin Diesel included, it has to be worth a watch surely.

Starring: Vin Diesel, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Paul Walker and Jordana Brewster

The Plot

Vin Diesel reprises his role as Dominic Toretto who has just been sentenced to a spell behind bars, plan is for Brian (Walker) and his girlfriend Mia (Brewster) to break him out of the prison bus with their presition driving.  Former cop Brian is successful in his efforts and the team of criminals head to Rio in order to hide out.  things not quite going to plan they are soon pursued by Luke Hobb (Johnson) a relentless Federal agent, the best of the best sent to apprehend all of the gang and bring them to justice.  The head off on a massive chase across Rio and along the way conger up a plan to rob a ruthless business man who wants them dead, with his money they can disappear to a country with no extradition order and escape the law forever.

The Verdict

I really don't know where to start here, I was a little disappointed to say the least.  Maybe I was just expecting to much from a movie franchise that has now surely run it's time.  If this movie proves anything it is surely that the original cast should never have been away and had the stories in the third and fourth movie been better then they may well have stayed.  The story here is no different really from what I can remember from the earlier movies, a group of criminals and a former cop who need money to disappear, the only way to do it drive fast and rob someone.  Yeah that's pretty much it really.

I thought maybe with the inclusion of the Rock in this movie that maybe it would be slightly more credible, I know he is not the greatest actor in the world but other than Tooth Fairy you have to say his movies are pretty good.  Without doubt in this movie both Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson commanded the screen even more so when they were on it together.  I think Diesel may have been feel slightly less superior though as it's a while since I have seen him so pumped up, he still has some catching up to do if he wants to be as big as Johnson.

There are some exciting car chases in the movie as you would expect, and the cars are nitursed and up to the hills with their big loud exhausts.  This movie is a boy racers dream that's for sure, I love cars and I love fast cars as most guys do but as far as movies go this is not the best and should you watch it you really should not be expecting to much.  I would say if you want to watch something that requires very little thinking and attention then this will be perfect for you Saturday night entertainment but that's as far as it goes really.

Would I watch it again?

I think I will have to say no, I would not have any urge to watch this movie again.

Star Rating: MM
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.