News Update :

Midweek MixTape Ft: Metallica, Noel Gallagher, Phil Collins

Thursday 1 September 2011

This is going to be a good mixtape this week I can feel it, since there is not really any new music released this week that is worth mentioning I’m going to concentrate on live performances from some of my favourite bands.  Some of the performances are from Germany’s famous Rock AM Ring, others here in London, let’s see how this week goes and maybe we could do this one again.  Make sure you leave your feedback in the comments at the bottom.

First off I’ll start with that famous stadium I’ve just mentioned.  Germany’s Rock AM Ring plays host to some of the worlds biggest bands and back in 2008 it’s stage was graced with the presence of American metal band Metallica, don’t worry I’m not going to get all mosh pit on you.  For this post I’ve gone for a little more mellow, check out the video below of one of their biggest hits Nothing Else Matters.


You may remember a couple of weeks back on the mixtape, I mentioned Noel Gallagher and his new solo venture with his band the High Flying Birds, from that I have managed to pluck an amazing live performance from Noel when he first went solo performing his set Sitting Here In Silence at London’s Union Chapel, he performed the song Half The World Away.


Next up this week a one from Phil Collins (stop laughing), his farewell tour is a one that seemed to go on forever and is still a big hit to this day.  I’m not a massive fan of his music but his performance of In The Air Tonight live in Paris back in 2006, well just watch it for yourself and let me know in the comments.


Want to hear some more live music?  Go here: AC/DC Live in Argentina.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.