News Update :

Movie Review Time: BATMAN BEGINS (2003) Starring Christian Bale

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Remember that superhero poll I ran a while back? No.  Well don't worry you didn't miss to much there were only about 4 votes with Spiderman and Batman leading the race.  I'm no comic book reader and my vote went to Spiderman, I would like to withdraw my vote, why?  Well I watched Batman Begins in HD the other night, first time I saw this movie the copy was bad and I didn't think to much of it, probably due to the afor mentioned copy (watch the real one would be my advice).  I really think I should have voted for Batman and can report that this movie was better than any Spiderman movie I have seen.

Starring: Christian Bale, Michael Kane, Katie Holmes, Liam Neeson, Cillian Murphy and Morgan Freeman

The Plot

Back to the very beginning Batman's roots if you like, we see the early life of Bruce Wayne who when his parents are killed relocates to Asia.  There he is mentored by Henri Ducard and Ra's Al Ghul, during his training Wayne learns from Ducard of a plan to wipe out evil in his home of Gotham City, Wayne prevents the plan from getting any further by returning home and taking up the idea of becoming Batman in order to strike fear into the criminals.

The Verdict

AMAZING, that single word would cover it really, what happened the first time I saw this did I fall asleep or something?  This movie is amazing from start to finish and it's a great example of why you shouldn't watch copied movies.  The story, the actors, the effects, everything really.  You simply can not pick fault with this movie. 

The acting talent of Christian Bale is of no real surprise, I don't particularly care for him as a person the times I've seen him interviewed I think he comes across as a bit of an arse, arrogant if you like.  In this movie and many others he is brilliant though and the back up from Michael Caine (another actor I don't really care for) is great, with stellar performances also from Morgan Freeman as the most loyal of staff and Liam Neeson playing the ultimate villain.

Bale done with Batman what Craig did with Bond, he has added rawness and a shady dark side giving you something to fear from a person fighting for good.  Batman was real scary and moody, his nemesis Scarecrow also hit the right spot with a sublime performance from the ever so creepy Cillian Murphy.

I loved the way they took this right back to the beginning, like I said above I haven't read a comic book that I can remember and I loved the way this movie explained the reason why Bruce Wayne became Batman, maybe it was done in the older films or comic books I'm not sure.  I'm going to mention car chases again, I'm not a fan of those remember but again in this movie like The Bourne Ultimatum (review coming soon) I loved the Police chase through Gotham City with Batman in his new super cool car.

Of course the shots of Gotham City are computer generated but you can't tell everything about this movie feels real, I'm converted to a Batman fan and right now I'm off to buy The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray, you can expect a similar review I would imagine.

Would I watch it again?

No, ha only kidding, you shitting me?  Of course I would.

Rating: MMMMM
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.