News Update :

New Cinema Releases September 2nd 2011

Friday 2 September 2011


Turns out the movie I mentioned last week The Inbetweeners is number 1 at the UK box office, not seen it myself yet but have heard it’s very funny so I may well take a trip down to the cinema with the lady friend this weekend, we’ll see!  As always on a Friday I’m back to give you the low down on what’s new at the cinema this weekend and is worth your time and effort going to see.

First up this week is a movie which I thought had been released a couple of months back in July, either I got it wrong or maybe I had been drinking when I posted about it, who knows?  Apollo 18 is this week’s top release or is at least the one which interests me the most, I loved Apollo 13 but this new one is nothing like it.

Starring: Warren Christie and Lloyd Owen

The movie was made on a mere $5 million budget a big shout away from many Hollywood movies these days, it decades footage that was recovered from NASA’s abandoned Apollo 18 mission where two American astronauts where sent on a secret space exploration.  The tag line of the movie is “There’s a reason we’ve never gone back to the moon” and the film is supposed to reveal that reason.

I really think this movie is worth a couple of hours of anyone’s time this weekend, I read a review on the movie and the reviewer put it in the top 10 movies of all time which I’m sure you would agree is quite a statement.


Next up this week is a movie remake of the 1985 original Fright Night, having see the title and not liking horror films I had already decided I was giving this a wide birth, I never seen the original so can’t say to much but last night I saw the trailer for the new version and realised it’s actually a comedy movie.

Starring: Anton Yelchin, Colin Farrell, Toni Collette and David Tennant

A remake like I said above, where teenager Charley Brewster (Yelchin) comes to the conclusion that his next door neighbour is a vampire and responsible for a string of deaths.  Charley attempts to tell everyone he knows but they don’t believe him, so instead he opts to hire a guy named Peter Vincent (Tennant), a Las Vegas magician and self proclaimed Vampire Hunter.

I’m not going to stand and say that I will go see this movie but I have to be honest when it comes to TV or maybe even DVD I will probably get round to it.


Last one to mention this week is a movie I have been hearing a lot about in the last couple of weeks.  British Film Kill List is a Horror / Thriller genre movie with a slight element of Blair Witch (apparently), the trailer I have seen (below) does not remind me of that at all.

Starring: Neil Maskell, MyAnna Burning and Harry Simpson

The movie sees a British soldier return home from Kiev, in doing so he joins an old friend and they work together as contract killers.  It’s not long before the soldiers disturbed past starts to catch up and his behaviour becomes more and more erratic as employers continually raise the stakes.

I would like to think that I will get round to seeing this movie, maybe not at the cinema but on DVD, everything I have read about it puts it in a good light with five star ratings.

Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.