News Update :

Movie Review Time: THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM (2007) Starring Matt Damon

Tuesday 27 September 2011

I know this is not a new movie but hey you know me by now if I watch it, I will write about it and following Jonathan Ross's new show on ITV I had an oppertunity to see this in HD for the first time. I have to be honest and say It took me a while to get round to seeing the original movie The Bourne Identity (2002), not beacause I didn't think it would be good I just wasn't the biggest fan of Matt Damon, don't ask me why.  Since seeing the first one of the Bourne trilogy I was hooked on them and Matt Damon and would probably make it my business to see a movie just becasue he is in it nowadays.

Starring: Matt Damon, Julia Stiles, David Strathairn and Edgar Ramirez

The Plot

Jason Bourne is brought out of hiding for the second time, this time though it's not his own doing.  A London based reporter named Simon Ross (Paddy Considine) who is trying to uncover Operation Blackbriar and up-grade to the original Project Treadstone.  A meeting is set between Bourne and Ross but Bourne soon learns they are being followed and Ross is killed.  Bourne now has to fight against the companys best efforts to eradicate him as revelations bring back more memories of his dark past.

The Verdict

Slick and stylish are probably words that you would associate with any of the Bourne movies, I have no doubt the Bourne Legacy due out next year is going to be no diffrent.  For me this has got to be the best one or the trilogy, the story is what we have come to know during the previous movies but now Jason Borune is single minded with no love interst to worry about, although it is touched on a little with Julia Stiles character Nicky Parsons.

Some of the technology is a little exaggerated, so we are supposed to believe that the CIA's telephone system has an alogrythem keyword search tool which enables them to track any phone call in the world, it's Hollywood I suppose they can do what they want, right?  Seriously thoguh!  Maybe it's true, who knows?  The technology that the operative Desh has access to also, a Motorolla RZR phone, he is a getting pictures delivered straight from E-Mail, I had one of those phones and no way were they that clever.

Great thing about this movie I think you could watch it having not seen either the Bourne Identity (2002) or The Bourne Supremacy (2004), thanks to the flash backs here you are right into the action and able to pick up the storyline quickly.  I have talked a lot lately about American TV shows picking up at the exact point you left them the week before and this movie does exactly that with Jason Bourne running injured in Moscow.  Speaking of Moscow why do American's pronounce it MOS-COW, as in the Animal which provides milk and Beef? Or are they referring to some other city?

I'm not the biggest fan of car chase's I saw enough of those in Fast Five (2011).  This movie like the others provides them with an exception to the rule the sheer pace they are done here in cars that generally aren't that great adds a little extra excitment for me, there is even a scene on motorbikes here to enjoy where we learn that Jason Bourne is not only a kick ass assasian but also a stunt bike rider too.


A great movie as they all are, with great acting, great characters and a great story line, if like me you have bided your time over watching them then I advise you go watch them all right away.

Would I watch it again?

I must have seen it three or four times already and yes I would watch it again tomorrow. 

Rating: MMMMM
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.