News Update :

Trailer Time: RAMPART Starring Woody Harrelson

Thursday 1 December 2011

I’ve not done on of these posts for a while now and this week I ran across two great looking movies which need to be shared.  I’m going to do them in separate posts so the other will be later in the week.  The first one I’m going to talk about is Rampart starring Woody Harrelson.  I spoke about this in the news a while ago now as it had premiered at the Toronto International film festival in September, there it took a standing ovation and many critics have said that Woody Harrelson may finally win the Oscar he has so narrowly missed out on in the past.

Starring: Woody Harrelson, Ben Foster, Sigournay Weaver, Ice Cube, Steve Buscemi and Anna Heche

Rampart is set in 1999, Los Angeles and is based on the real life L.A.P.D Rampart scandal.  Harrelson plays the lead role of Dave Brown last of the renegade cops, playing by the old rules.  Trying to balance his family life with two broken marriages behind him, Dave becomes more deeply involved with the infamous Rampart scandal.  Take a look at the trailer and let me know what you think.
There really is not to much info about this movie just yet, nor do I know enough about the Rampart scandal to tell you too much.  I have checked it out and it involved an anti gang unit (CRASH) set up by the L.A.P.D and a lot of their officers became involved, some were found to be on the payroll of then Death Row records owner Marion “Suge” Knight, with others believed to be involved in the drive by shooting of Biggie Smalls aka Notorious B.I.G.

I really think this looks worth your time, it's one of the most explosive trailers I have seen for a long time and due to the rating it’s received I will be watching the movie myself in the next couple of days and have the review for you on Monday, don't want to miss it then make sure you SUBSCRIBE to the site in some way.

Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.