News Update :

Movie Review: STEP BROTHERS Starring Will Ferrell

Tuesday 27 December 2011

I should really set the scene for you first of all, it’s the week before Christmas so there really is not much on TV.  The schedule this week and next seems packed with movies, so, since this is essentially a movie blog I may as well watch and review most of them for you.  I have heard of Step Brothers but never seen it.  It was a cold winter night here in the UK and we were wrapping Christmas presents, at least that was the plan, I think we spent most of the two hours (ish) rolling round in laughter at what was an incredibly stupid but very, very funny movie starring two of Hollywood’s best.

Starring: Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Mary Steenburgen, Richard Jenkins, Adam Scott and Kathryn Hayn

The Plot


Did you ever see Talladega Night: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby?  Yeah, well I didn’t but I have seen it in parts in which I laughed my ass off, Step Brothers re-unites Ferrell and Reilly with the direction Of Adam McKay in what is one of the most childishly funny movies I have seen.  The plot is simple Brennan (Ferrell) and Dale (Reilly) are 30 something men who still live at home with their parents who are dating, the parents get married and the two step brothers are forced to move under the same roof.  A decision that neither of them are thrilled with so, que the hilarity.

The Verdict

First off if you are into deep and meaningful story lines or plots then Step Brothers really is going to do nothing for you, the plot is stupid the movie is stupid but so was the a for mentioned Talladega Nights, like that movie Step Brothers would just not be worth doing
unless you have people who are as funny as Ferrell or Reilly.  The only other possible duo here could be Seth Rogan and Jonah Hill especially for the more vulgar of the jokes.


It’s not a believable movie in any way shape or form, like I said the plot is ridiculous and the story is not interesting.  However, the stupid jokes shared between the brothers are absolutely hilarious, add into the mix Brennan’s brother Derek played by Adam Scott and it just gets funnier again.  That’s as far as things go mind you don’t expect anything other than laughs because the rest is just really stupid and to be honest probably something you would expect a couple of 14 year olds to enjoy.  The most stand out funny moment for me would be when the brothers finally make friends and decide to converts their beds into bunks, ok, you can see the joke coming a mile off but it’s still very funny!  If you have seen it you know what happens, if not take a look at the clip below.


So, yeah.  That is the funniest bit of the whole movie, I was still laughing about an hour later just thinking back on it.  This is not my normal length review, as there really is not to much to say on this movie other than it was hilarious in parts and not so much in others.  Step Brothers is a movie you would not have been impressed by had you
paid the cinema fee, getting on rental would be a little less frustrating and seeing on TV would probably be your best bet, it was on Channel 5 which is free so that says a lot.


Would I watch it again?

No I don’t think I would, although I may return to this review from time to time and remind myself of the bunk bed scene.

Rating: M
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.