News Update :

Review: DEXTER 1.3 - Popping Cherry

Thursday 8 December 2011

I knew when I started watching Dexter back that I was going to enjoy it, but I didn’t expect it to be this good.  Three weeks in now and the action is not faltering at all.  According to my biggest commenter Ruben I’ve got even better to come once I get to season 2.

This week saw the hunt for the Ice Truck Killer intensify once more, he’s chopped someone up and left them on the rink down at Miami’s Hockey dome, this guy really likes ice.  The victim is someone Debra recognises from her former role, her name was Cherry, a working girl who Deb had become quite friendly with during her time undercover.

This starts off the power struggle that we all know so well by now between Debra (Jennifer Carpenter) and La Guerta (Lauren Velez), Deb has ideas and we all know her instinct is usually right, I touched on this during season 5 reviews that at times Debra seems to have a dark passenger of her own, one which she channels into catching bad guys and putting them in jail, as apposed to killing them like her brother.  Debra has information that Cherry was seen getting into a van of some kind, she wants to pursue that.  La Guerta has other ideas and comes to the conclusion that a ice rink security guard with a Mickey Mouse drug charge to his name could be the Ice Truck Killer.

Dexter sure does know how to pick girls, whilst I continue to learn more about Rita.  I gathered that her ex husband was a bit of a prick, but I didn’t realise that he was in prison doing time for dealing drugs.  This week saw one of his old acquaintances turn up to Rita’s and take her car, something to do with a drug debt.  This you think would signal Dexter’s next victim, but it doesn’t.  Dexter is off on his own mission as always.

Dexter goes after a recently paroled teenager who went to prison for murder, but Dexter knows that he is hiding more than just that.  According to IMDB there is a camera visible in the field when Dexter asks him if he’s seen a Frisbee.

I am really tempted to buy the book Darkly Dreaming Dexter after watching all these back.  This was another quality episode which I enjoyed better than the second instalment.

I’m asking again but are you enjoying these old school reviews?  If so make sure you keep up via RSS, Twitter or Facebook, and leave comments.  Please.  I always respond.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.