News Update :

2012's Most Anticipated Movies: Part 2

Thursday 29 December 2011

As with Part 1, some of the movies mentioned here I don’t have full details on but I will be sure to update when I know anymore.

Riddick

Release Date: Not yet arranged

Budget: Unknown

Director: David Twohy

Starring: Vin Diesel, Joel William Gonzales and Karl Urban (more to be confirmed)

I’m actually a big fan of Vin Diesel and I really enjoyed the two Riddick movies which have already been done (Pitch Black (2000), The Chronicles Of Riddick (2004).  They are not normally the kind of thing I would watch but I suppose Diesel was the draw.

No official release or name yet, Riddick is just something they have come up with from what I can gather but there is a little plot for you.  Riddick is betrayed by his own people and left on a desolate planet fighting off alien predators, it does not take long before
every bounty hunter in the galaxy is after him, but Riddick soon has his enemy’s right where he wants them and he returns to his home planet Furya to save it from destruction.


Underworld: Awakening

Release Date: January 20th 2012 United Kingdom, couple weeks earlier
in the United States.


Budget: Unknown

Director: Mans Marlind and Bjorn Stein

Starring: Kate Beckinsale, Michael Ealy, India Eisley and Kris Holden-Reid

Again like Riddick this is not the type of movie that I would usually watch, I think I caught the original at a friends house once following that I bought the second and have to say I really enjoyed them both, as far as this one goes it will probably be one of the first movies I will see in the new year.

From what I remember in the previous two movies it was always Vampires v Lycans, in this third instalment the humans find out about the existence of both Vampire and Lycan clans and they head to war to eradicate both.  One problem they don’t bargain for is Vampire warrioress Selene.

The Avengers

Release Date: April 27th 2012 United Kingdom

Budget: 150m (est)

Director: Joss Whedon

Starring: Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Samuel L Jackson

From what I understand this is a collective superhero movie, where all of our favourites bar one or two come together for the S.H.E.I.L.D Agency, I would presume this is something to do with Marvel or DC Comics.  If you read this blog then you probably already know that I have never looked at a comic book in my life so don’t know to much
about them.


The movies created massive hype on the Internet this year especially when the official trailer was released, the plot is that S.H.E.I.L.D bring together a bunch of super humans to help save the earth from annihilation by extraterrestrial invaders.

Total Recall

Release Date: August 22nd 2012 United Kingdom a week or two earlier in the US.

Budget: Unknown

Director: Len Wiseman

Starring: Colin Farrell, Bryan Cranston, Jessica Biel, Kate Beckinsale, Bill Nighy and Ethan Hawke

This is the first remake I have mentioned, I don’t think there were any in part 1 either.  I have never seen the 1990 original starring both Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sharon Stone, not fully anyway I have seen bit parts but not really enough to get a grasp of what was
happening, maybe I should watch it before I see this one.


I would suspect this goes along with the story of the first movie please correct me if I’m wrong.  Colin Farrell is a factory worker and the Nation states of Euromerica and New Shanghai are vying for supremacy, he begins to think he is working as a spy but has no idea which side he should be on.

Prometheus

Release Date: June 1st 2012 United Kingdom and as you guessed a couple of weeks before that in the United States is the best I can do.

Budget: Unknown

Director: Ridley Scott

Starring: Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, Patrick Wilson, Idris Elba and Guy Pearce


I have been hearing plenty about this movie in the last few months especially now as pictures are starting to leak onto the Internet, I have to be honest again and say that it’s not normally the kind of thing I would watch but due to the fact that Idris Elba is in it, then it gets my vote.

A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, this leads them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe, when there they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.