News Update :

New UK Cinema Releases: 2nd December 2011, THE THING, HUGO and HAPPY FEET TWO

Friday 2 December 2011


Right, It's December so what do you expect?  Christmas movies for one, and this week there are two to mention in what will be a shorter than usual post with probably only one movie which is worth going to see this weekend, unless you have kids of course.

First one to mention this week, The Thing, another remake of a movie where I have not seen the original which was released in 1982 the year I was born.

Starring: Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Joel Edgerton and Ulrich Thomsen

The plot confuses me a little here, in a Antarctica research station a graduate student Kate Lloyd and a scientist Dr Sander Halvorsen have a falling out due to the discovery of an alien craft.  Kate sides with helicopter pilot Sam Carter to pursue the alien life form.

I do intend on getting around to seeing this movie so stick around for the review in a week or two, want to see a review now?  Then go see Glen at 1 Man, 365 Movies! he done a great review of it just the other week, it'll be sure to give you a laugh.


Next up is a movie I believe they are calling an epic, Hugo is the new animated featurette brought to us from Martin Scorsese, he done Shark Tale remember?

Starring: Asa Butterfield, Chloe Grace Moretz and Christopher Lee

Set in 1930's Paris (that's me put off straight away) Hugo follows the life of a 12 year old boy, named Hugo funnily enough.  Hugo lives in the walls of the train station but soon becomes involved in a mystery involving his father and an automaton.

This is supposedly an epic, for me though I'm really just not interested in the slightest it's a kids movie, one which reminds me a little of the Polar Express.  I don't know why as most of Hugo is not animated  and has real people in, I suppose it's a Christmas movie thing.


Ok to Happy Feet Two now, seen the first one?  No me neither and I don't really intend on seeing this one as it's taken a bit of a panning critic wise, that's not to say they are right but the fact I haven't seen the first will keep me away from the theatre this weekend.

Starring: Elijah Wood, Robin Williams, Pink, Matt Damon, Bradd Pitt and Hugo Weaving

It's about a Penguin called Mumble who can dance, argh how cute, I think Mumble is played by Elijah Wood (don't quote me on that).  Mumble tries to bring the Penguin nations together.

That's really as much as I know, seriously.  I mean what do you want me to say.  I have Mumble'd on long enough, right? Right.  I told you this would not be to long, enjoy the trailer. 

Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.