News Update :

Super Bowl Movie Sneak Peaks: THE AVENGERS and THE HUNGER GAMES

Monday 6 February 2012

So, as you all know last night saw the biggest sporting event of the year kick off with Superbowl XLVI (means 45 I think), don't want to know the result then don't read any further. The New York Giants took the game 21 to New England Patriots 17. Not that any of that really matters to me as I'm not really into American Football, the Footy I was more interested in yesterday was Premier League and more importantly Newcastle, we won, just saying. I'm not here to bleet on about the Football though after all this is a movie and TV blog.

So, what comes with the years biggest sporting event? That's right movie trailers, although I do wonder why. It costs around $2.5m to get an advertisement on during the Superbowl, a big dint into a movie's budget. It is worthwhile though with over 160m people tuning into their TV's around the world movie bosses are able to get the message out to a lot of people.

I didn't watch the Superbowl but, I heard Madonna was pretty good. Maybe I'll take a look at that tonight and review it for you tomorrow, remember The Black Eyed Peas review from last year? Slash was the best part. Anyway on with the movies, there were two pushed under our noses that I'm aware of and I have both the trailers here for you now.

First it's the Marvel epic showcasing all of their Superhero's, The Avengers is due to land in U.K cinemas 27th April 2012. The Avengers wasn't something I was really all that up on until I recently watched and reviewed Iron Man 2, in the movie S.H.I.E.L.D boss Nick Fury (Samuel L Jackson) brings together a team of superhumans including Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr), Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) to form The Avengers who need to save the Earth from Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and his men, check out the trailer below.




 

Next up it's The Hunger Games due in U.K cinemas on 23rd March 2012, no really big names take stage although Woody Harrelson does star, other than that it's down to Josh Hutcherson currently starring in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island with Dwayne Johnson. The Hunger Games is set in the future where the Capitol selects a boy and a girl from the 12 districts to be involved in a fight to the death on live TV, with that in mind Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) offers to take her younger sisters place for the latest battle, take a look at the trailer and let me know what you think.

Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.