News Update :

New UK Cinema Releases: 24th February 2012, SAFE HOUSE, ONE FOR THE MONEY, THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL and RAMPART

Friday 24 February 2012

It’s a big week for movies if your off to the cinema this weekend you have one new romantic comedy, a classy action movie, one movie I have seen and trashed already and then some other effort starring Judi Dench which is apparently pretty good.


As always, it’s my top release first Safe House starring Denzel Washington, Ryan Reynolds, Vera Farmiga and Brendan Gleeson

I posted the trailer for Safe House a little while ago now and I have to be honest it does look pretty good, lets face it anything starring Denzel usually is. Safe House is the story of Matt Weston (Reynolds) a rookie CIA operative who is given the job of babysitting a CIA Safe House in Cape Town, South Africa. The easy babysitting job quickly goes down hill when the CIA’s most wanted rouge agent Tobin Frost (Washington) is brought in. Frost is quickly interrogated but before long the safe house is breached and Weston finds himself running with Frost in toe until they find another Safe spot.

This does look really good and out of the bunch this week it’s my top pick, I will be watching Denzel myself this weekend however, not in this movie I have The Taking of Phelam 123, any thoughts?


Next up is another movie that I’m likely to see, One For The Money, no. It’s not the prequel to Al Pacino’s Two For The Money, this stars Katherine Heigl, Jason O’Mara, Daniel Sunjata and Sherri Shepherd

Heigl plays Stephanie Plum, recently divorced she decides upon a new career path working for her cousins bail bond business. Her first assignment is to get on the trail of Joe Morelli (O’Mara) a wanted local cop who in the past she just so happened to be romantically linked to. There really isn’t anymore to say that that, Katherine Heigl is in it so there is a good enough reason for me to watch.

It screams The Bounty Hunter starring Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston which I didn’t mind so much, only difference being here it’s the female character who is the Bounty Hunter. It should be good fun and a lot better than Jason O’Mara’s TV offering of Terra Nova.


The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel now starring Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith and Dev Patel

I hadn’t heard of this until I caught Dev Patel and Judi Dench on Graham Norton a couple of weeks back. The story is about a group of British retirees who are conned into travelling to India to what they think is a newly refurbished hotel, what they find is anything but however, the Marigold Hotel starts to charm in unexpected ways.

It’s not a movie I really want to see and I don’t think I will be rushing to the cinema but I think Grandma’s may enjoy it.

Last one to mention now Rampart starring Woody Harrelson, Ben Foster, Sigourney Weaver and Jon Bernthal

Rampart was reviewed by me before Christmas I thought it was pretty terrible considering all the Oscar hype it was receiving, I even fell asleep remember? Anyway if your still interested Harrelson plays Dave “Date Rape” Brown an L.A cop who was caught up in the real life “Rampart” scandal from the 90’s this movie charts his battle as the last of the renegade cops willing to do the dirty work whilst also trying to provide for his family.

Don’t expect any laughs here you simply won’t get them, what you get in my opinion is very long drawn out DMC’s (deep meaningful conversations) and very little action.

Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.