News Update :

New UK Cinema Releases: 17th February 2012, THIS MEANS WAR, EXTREMLEY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE and GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE

Friday 17 February 2012


Three good movies out this week all of which you would probably call box office hits, the first has been nominated for an Oscar, the other is a sequel and then you have the one I’m most likely to see, read this blog often? Then you probably know the reason for that. Otherwise, keep reading and I’ll explain.

Ok, the one I’m most likely to see is This Means War starring Reese Witherspoon, Tom Hardy and Chris Pine.

I suppose you could call This Means War a chick flick, I don’t think you would be far wrong with that assumption. The movie follows two CIA agents Tuck (Hardy) and Foster (Pine), the two have been partners for years but come to heads against one another when they find out they are both dating Lauren (Witherspoon), it’s pretty simple really. I will watch it because my wife will probably want to see it plus following Inception I’m a massive fan of Tom Hardy, at least that’s the excuse I’ll use when I write the review.

It’s what most of us consider a popcorn flick and rightly so, as it’s nothing that hasn’t been done before. The thing that will pull in the numbers and dollars is the fact it’s two main stars Reese Witherspoon and Tom Hardy are such massive box office draws.


Next one to mention is Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close starring Thomas Horn, Tom Hanks, Sandra Bullock and Max Von Sydow.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close follows the story of Oskar Schell (Horn), a nine-year-old amateur inventor, Francophile and pacifist. Oskar’s father died in the September 11th attacks of The World Trade Center, he leaves a mysterious key for Oskar who searches New York City in order to find the matching lock.

I have to be honest I only heard of this last week when I saw a trailer on IMDB however, it’s still a favourite to win an Oscar for best Picture. From what I’ve read about it, I don’t think it’s something that interests me.

Last one to mention this week is Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance starring Nicholas Cage, Violante Placido, Ciaran Hinds and Idris Elba.

I never saw the first one, how about you? For that reason I really can not tell you that much about this movie. Johnny Blaze is hiding out in Eastern Europe, I'm presuming for what ever he done in the first movie. Johnny is called upon to stop the devil who is trying to take human form.

It’s in 3D, first one wasn’t. It stars Idris Elba, that can only be a plus point. But, in all seriousness from what I’ve heard of the first movie it’s not all that good and for that reason I probably won’t be watching this one either. I may watch the first one on TV, oh wait…. It was on last week and I decided to watch something else, never mind.

Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.