News Update :

New UK Cinema Releases: 10th February 2012, THE WOMAN IN BLACK, THE MUPPETS and BIG MIRACLE

Friday 10 February 2012


I have to start by telling you that there really isn't to much to get excited about at the cinema this week, the previous two weeks have been bad but this week tops them both. So, unless yo want to watch Daniel Radcliffe play a role other than a wizard, watch The Muppets or see some whales then I really wouldn't hold out much hope.

I'll start with what will probably be the best of the bunch, The Woman In Black starring Daniel Radcliffe, Janet McTeer and Ciaran Hinds.

It's a ghost story, but I wouldn't let that put you off if your not a fan of horror movies. The Woman In Black is only a 12A, meaning that if you are 12 years old you can go see it as long as you have some one responsible with you. In the movie Daniel Radcliffe plays Arthur Kipps a young lawyer who travels to a remote village (I don't know why), when there he encounters the vengeful ghost of a woman scorned who is terrorising the locals.

I'm not really a fan of movies set in this period of time but in a ghost story I suppose it adds to the suspense, I don't think it will be a bad movie but I can't see it being anywhere near as frightening as new ABC show The River.



Now I'll move onto The Muppets a movie I have no interest in at all, I don't think I was even that big of a fan as a kid. The Muppets stars Amy Adams, Jason Segel Chris Cooper and Rashida Jones.

It's a Muppet movie made by Disney so don't expect anything to in-depth plot wise, what it will have no doubt is an important message that young kids ought to learn installed right the way through, that message will no doubt relate to money and how to have loads of it isn't everything. I guess this because the story goes along the lines of this, The Muppets must reunite with the help of three fans in order to save there local theatre from a greedy oil tycoon. 

I'll admit I watched the Jonathan Ross Show the other week when Kermit and Miss Piggy where interviewed and yeah I laughed a couple of times, more so when the laughs were a little more suggestive but as far as the movie goes well, I won't be going to see it. The Muppets popularity on IMDB this week is 7%, doesn't speak volumes does it?

Final one to mention Big Miracle a movie I haven't heard and don't care to know that much about, not because I think it's a bad thing that there showing, it's just not my thing. Big Miracle stars Drew Barrymore, John Krasinski and John Pingayak.

I don't really see Drew Barrymore as a green peace activist, how about you? In Big Miracle that's exactly what she does and she is recruited by her ex boyfriend in a small Alaskan town. Whilst there she must help save a family of gray whales trapped by rapidly forming ice in the arctic circle.

Sounds a little like Free Willy, only this time it involves ice. Don't think I will be watching this one though and I wouldn't call it a steam rolling come back for Drew Barrymore.


So, that's your fill at the cinema this week, other than what's mentioned above you could go see A Dangerous Method starring Keira Knightly, Viggo Mortensen and Michael Fassbender. Or you have The Vow starring Racheal McAdams, Channing Tatum and Sam Neill.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.