News Update :

The Week In Film: THE DARKEST HOUR, WAR HORSE, GRIDIRON GANG and EAGLE EYE

Friday 13 January 2012


For me, this week’s top pick at the cinema would have to be The Darkest Hour starring Emile Hirsch, Max Minghella, Olivia Tirlby, Rachael Taylor and Joel Kinnaman. It may well be my top pick but I wouldn’t say that I’m totally set on seeing this movie which is set in Moscow, Russia.  It follows 5 people who are all in Moscow when a strange aurora fills the sky, next thing they know aliens protected by force fields are attacking Earth.  The
five hide out for days before making their escape to a near by building where a couple have come up with a device which keeps the aliens out.  They then team up with the military to help fight off the aliens who they believe want to strip mine the Earth for metal.  Check out the trailer and let me know what you think.



I have to say this all looks rather hammy doesn’t it, it was released back in December in the U.S and Russia (I presume) and was not very well received at all, for me the cover looks like it should be a straight to TV Syfy channel movie.

 Also at the cinema this week is the new World War I epic War Horse brought to us from Director Stephen Spielberg, this in all honesty will probably be a hell of a lot better than The Darkest Hour, the only reason I haven’t made it my top pick is due to the fact that I
don’t really think I will like the movie all that much.  It follows the story of Albert who enlists in the Army after his Horse Joey is sold to the cavalry, they say it’s one of Spielberg’s best but I guess it’s just not really for me. 

 Last one to mention is Shame starring Michael Fassbender and Cary Mulligan, this is a movie about sex addiction from what I can gather, and follows the frustration of an
addicted man who can’t partake in such activities when his sister comes to stay with him, again not really for me, I’ll hang out for Fassbender’s Man On a Ledge in February.



TV Picks: What's are the best movies on TV this week?
Take a look at my top picks for what movies are coming up this week and would be worth your time to check out.

Friday 13th January 2012

9pm 5USA, GRIDIRON GANG Starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Exhibit and Jade Yorker

I have seen this movie a couple of times now, maybe I’ll watch it again so I can do the review.  It kind of reminded me of Remember the Titans starring Denzel Washington only I thought this was better. It’s based on a true story, and follows Sean Porter (The Rock) the supervisor of Kilpatrick juvenile detention center who decides that the lack of get up and go in the youngsters should be addressed by him creating a football team to teach them discipline.  I really enjoyed this and if you haven’t seen it yet then I highly recommend it.

Saturday 14th January 2012

9.30pm BBC 3, EAGLE EYE Starring Shia Labeouf, Michelle Monaghan, Rosario Dawson and Billy Bob Thronton

I have actually been wanting to see this movie for a long time now, I remember seeing the trailers when it was released at the cinema, I don’t know why I’ve never got round to it yet, maybe this will be my chance.  The story follows two people seemingly unconnected who both receive a phone call, the voice on the other end of the phone is telling them what to do and the pair soon have the FBI on their back but, who is the voice and why has she picked these two?


Sunday 15th January 2012

Nothing!

Monday 16th January 2012

9pm 5*, VANTAGE POINT Starring Matthew Fox, Dennis Quaid, Forest Whitaker and Sigourney Weaver

It was a toss up between this and Role Models which is on FILM4 at the same time, I haven’t seen Role Models so I went for Vantage Point as this is supposed to be me advising you on what to watch.  I was impressed with Vantage Point I have to say, it’s not the cleverest movie of it’s genre but it does get you thinking a little, you watch the same movie through about 4 times (that I can recall) in the hour forty five run time, each time it’s from someone else’s vantage point of an attempted assassination on the American President.

Tuesday 17th January 2012

I can’t decide between two movies which are on tonight they don’t clash time wise but one would probably go down as a classic and the other is a powerhouse performance from Edward Norton.  The classic I’m talking about is FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR from 1986, I loved this movie when I was a kid but I can’t remember the last time I seen it, I remember a kid in a spaceship.  What I don’t remember is ever figuring out what was going on time wise who was who etc, I should watch this again to get it straight in my head, it’s on 9pm on Syfy.  Other than that you can wait till 11.05pm on ITV4 for AMERICAN HISTORY X, a brilliant movie which I have seen a couple of times as well as Ed Norton it also stars Edward Furlong (John Connor, Terminator 2), if you haven’t seen this then I highly recommend it.

Wednesday 18th January 2012

10pm Comedy Central, DUMB & DUMBER Starring Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels and Lauren Holly

I think I've probably lost count of just how many times I have seen this movie, it's the ultimate laugh out loud and although it's very stupid it is very very funny, I don't think there will be to many people who haven't seen the adventures of Harry and Lloyd as they travel across America to snowy Aspen, Colorado to return a suitcase full of money to it's pretty owner.  However, the journey does not go without incident.

Thursday 19th January 2012

Nothing!
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.