News Update :

New UK Music: Album & Single releases 9th January 2012

Tuesday 10 January 2012

This post will be familiar to you if you come here often but, it would usually only involve new single releases, as there aren’t to many singles released this week I have combined new album releases to. Usually there will be to many singles to get through and in the future the post will become two as I’ll do a separate one for albums which will replace the Mixtape posts that weren’t hugely popular around here.

New singles this week

Black Veil Brides – 'Fallen Angels' – These guys are a four piece American rock band based in Hollywood, I haven’t heard any of their music but they take their influences from non other than Kiss, you can really see that in their styling, they also take influences from many 80’s glam rock bands.  This son isn’t bad in fact I quite like it but you couldn’t listen to it for any length of time.

Gabrielle Alpin – 'Home Again EP' – An English singer-songwriter who shot to fame thanks to YouTube, on their she covered  “My Heart” by Paramore and also recorded a version of “The Liar and the Lighter” by You Me At Six, her cover of that song has had over 450,000 hits on YouTube.

Nicola Roberts – 'Yo-Yo' – Won Popstars the Rivals way back when with her group Girls Aloud, they have all split and gone their separate ways and now Nicola is joining Cheryl Cole in going solo.

Tribes – 'When We Were Children' – A British rock band, not really for me I took a listen to this song and it sounds pretty much like every other British rock band of late.

Various Cruelties – 'Great Unknown' – Mentioned these guys a while back on the Mixtape when they performed on the Jools Holland show with their debut single which was very impressive, this song a  more mellow tone than the debut but it’s not for me.



New Albums
David Crowder Band - 'Give Us A Rest Or (Requiem Mass In C)' – A six piece Christian modern worship band, I haven’t heard of them and don’t imagine that I would be to into their music.

Linda Lewis – 'Larks' – Must be a running theme this week because I haven’t heard of this act either, from what I gather she has had a very long career in music mostly as a backing vocalist to some pretty big acts.

Madison Violet – 'The Good In Goodbye' – A double act from Canada who are well known over there for their Folk music, again not really my thing.

The Little Willies – 'For The Good Times' – With a band name like that we should really have guessed that they are into country music, if that’s your thing then fine otherwise I would give this one a miss.

The Maccabees – 'Given To The Wild' – Finally, a band I have heard of. The Maccabees are a indie rock band from England this is their third studio album.



Alcest – 'Les Voyages De L'âme' – I haven’t even heard of these guys, I’m not sure if their a band or not.  Wikipedia has them a a musical project from France.

Charlie Haden – 'Come Sunday' – Again, I haven’t even heard of this guy.  Apparently he’s an American Jazz musician, probably pretty famous in the world of Jazz, It’s an acquired taste.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.