News Update :

2012's Most Anticipated TV shows: Part 1

Tuesday 3 January 2012

So, we are into the New Year and that promises one thing.  A whole host of new TV shows for us to be taking in from both the U.S and U.K, I have come up with a list of the ones which I will hopefully get round to watching early this year along with some trailers to wet your appetite a little.  I will also mention a few shows that I may watch but might not review unless I can think of something to come up with. Anyway lets get on with the list (in no particular order).

First up it’s probably the most anticipated of all the new shows, Alcatraz is a new mystery thriller brought to us by none other than J.J. Abrams who has decided to bring one of his hit TV shows favourite actors back to the small screen, that’s right Lost’s Jorge Garcia stars in Alcatraz alongside Sarah Jones, Jeffrey Pierce and Jurassic Park’s Sam Neil.  The show is based in the modern day and follows Detective Rebecca Madsen (Jones) who is assigned to a grizzly homicide, a fingerprint lifted from the scene points to a suspect named Jack Sylvane (Pierce), a former Alcatraz prisoner who died decades ago.  Needing help with her investigation she turns to Alcatraz professional Dr Diego “Doc” Soto (Garcia) who helps her piece together events and find that Sylvane is not the only former inmate who is alive and well.

Alcatraz starts on Fox January 16th at 9pm, I will probably cover every episode of this show.

Next up it’s the new Sci-Fi drama starring Keifer Sutherland named Touch.  You may remember I put the trailer out for this sometime ago now.  The show also stars David Mazouz, Danny Glover and Roxana Brusso.  In the show Sutherland plays Martin Bohm a former journalist who’s wife was killed in the 9/11 attacks, following that he is left to bring up his autistic son who is obsessed with numbers and can predict the future.

Touch starts on Fox January 25th with what I believe is the pilot, the rest of the show goes out March 19th, I would think that may change if the pilot proves a hit, I will be watching and reviewing the pilot and probably will take in the rest of the show.

Next up it’s Spartacus: Vengeance, the official follow up to Spartacus: Blood & Sand, a show which I didn’t see but I have heard plenty about.  There is no reason I didn’t watch it really other than I didn’t know it was on, there was a similar show on in the UK on BBC named Rome which I did catch and that was brilliant maybe I will try and catch up with Blood & Sand  over the next week or two.  The new instalment comes with a much bigger budget which will mean one thing more gore, violence, sex and swearing, sounds great, I’m in.

Spartacus: Vengeance starts on Starz January 27th, I will watch the first one and see how it goes from there, but this really does look like fun.


Onto The River now, a new Horror TV show brought to us from the people responsible for the Paranormal Activity movies, I haven’t seen those the trailers scare me to much but this Blair Witch style format does look pretty go.  The River follows a documentary crew who go out into the deepest darkest corners of the Amazon with a family who believe their father, an explorer who went missing six months earlier may still be alive, when there they discover supernatural goings on.

The River starts on ABC February 7th, I will be watching and providing it doesn’t scare me to much then I will probably review it.


Ok, so that is the top four that I will be looking at, you might have noticed there aren’t any U.K shows listed there.  There are some new/returning ones which I intend on watching firstly it will be Mad Dogs starring Philip Glenister and Max Beasley, I didn’t watch the 4 part first season but I don’t think it will be to hard to get into.  New to U.K TV will be Eternal Law which starts this Thursday 5th January, I will probably take a look and other than that from the U.S I may take a look at season 3 of Justified.  Remember Person of Interest has about three episodes left to go with the next 1.11 “Super” being on January 12th also returning on February 12th will be The Walking Dead 2.8 “Nebraska”, enjoy this little list?  Then why not go and check out 2012’s most anticipated movies part 1 and part 2.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.