News Update :

New Cinema Releases: 27th January 2012, THE DECENDANTS, THE GREY

Friday 27 January 2012


Following last weeks impressive cinema releases, this week would have to be doing some good work to keep tabs on it. I haven’t seen anything that was released last week but, if you want any recommendations then my parents did go to see War Horse, I don’t think it’s my idea of fun but they said it was brilliant.

First up this week it’s The Descendants starring George Clooney, Shailene Woodley and Amara Miller

The Descendants is the new Oscar nominated comedy/drama from Director Alexander Payne, in the movie Clooney plays Matt King, a Hawaiian land Barron who has to attempt to re-connect with his daughters after his wife Elizabeth is hurt in a boating accident. They go on a trip from Oahu to Kauai in order to confront a young real estate broker who Elizabeth was having an affair with before her accident.

I’m not the biggest Clooney fan and after the last so called great Oscar contender that I watched I don’t think I will be taking in this one, anyone seen it? Let me know what you thought.

Next it’s The Grey starring Liam Neeson, Dermot Mulroney, Frank Grillo and Dallas Roberts

Neeson plays Ottway, he and the other guys are part of an oil drilling team who are working in Alaska, they are involved in a plane crash and left to fend for themselves in the Alaskan wilderness where they are hunted by a pack of Wolves who see them as intruders.

Out of everything that is released this week, this is probably the one I will see. Even my wife says it looks good, take a look at the trailer and let me know what you think.


A real Mercenary
That’s pretty much it for big name movies this week, there is one more coming out that looks ok, pending on what kind of movie you like, it’s called Mercenaries and stars Robert Fucilla, Billy Zane, Kirsty Mitchell and Geoff Bell.

Robert Fucilla plays Andy Marlow, an ex SAS soldier turned Mercenary (sounds like a job for Jason Statham), Andy is sent into the Balkans after a military coup rises, his mission whilst there is to rescue a U.S Ambassador and his aide.

Not that much to say on it really, kind of looks like The Expendables on the cheap, for example the no one I have ever heard of (apart from Zane) cast, and the fact that it may only be at the cinema for a week or two before it’s released straight to DVD, in fact I’m not convinced that it will roll out to all the U.K cinemas.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.