News Update :

Movie Review: THE HANGOVER PART II Starring Bradley Cooper

Monday 30 January 2012

I loved The Hangover as you know, following that I watched the movie again, only this time it was the all singing all dancing Blu-ray version which was Unrated apparently. That time I didn’t enjoy it so much, I said then I should have watched The Hangover Part II. Finally, I got round to it last weekend and I have to be honest, although it followed a very similar format to the first movie I still thought it was hilarious.

Starring: Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, Ken Jeong, Justin Bartha and Paul Giamati

The Plot

Remember Stu’s overbearing fiancé at the end of the last movie? He well and truly left her for this movie, I thought he would marry the horny stripper he met in Vegas last time round but that wasn’t to be, instead Mr sensible dentist Stu met a beautiful Thai girl and they have plans for a lavish wedding in Thailand along with her parents and the rest of their family and friends. That of course means a stag doo for all the guys who made the unforgettably forgettable trip to Vegas last time round plus a couple of extra’s for comedy value.

The Verdict

Hilarious, honestly if you are one to believe all the reviews you have read about The Hangover Part II, saying it’s not as good as the first one then I can only suggest that you go and make up your own mind about it. I didn’t think it was a bad movie at all, and it certainly wasn’t any worse than the first, although the stories of the drunken night out follow each other almost identically from the first movie I still thought this was extremely funny and at times I was almost on the floor.

If I had to say there was a downside then the only thing I could mention would be the fact the drunken stories were the same, maybe they could have done something a little more original but, it worked first time round so, why change a winning formula? For me it worked again this time round, unlike the situations the jokes were not the same so for me that’s the reason the movie gets away with it.

The funniest moment of the movie is in the strip club the day after the drunken night before, Stu learns that he had a pretty fun time with one of the strippers, the more wise audience get the joke well before it’s revealed and the stripper takes off her clothes to reveal that she is a lady boy, I laughed my ass off, it was totally hilarious even although I knew what was coming, the look on Stu’s face. I’m not so sure I could handle a reveal like that the next day, note, I ain’t going to Bangkok.

Considering Part II had to follow the most successful R-Rated movie in history I really don’t think it done a bad job. Ok, it didn’t do as well at the box office but I bet it more than makes up for that on it’s DVD and Blu-ray release. The Hangover Part II provides exactly what it promises on the tin, a lot of laughs and two hours of good fun with no worry about keeping up with the story, I loved it.

Would I watch it again?

Without doubt I would watch this movie again, probably in Blu-ray as I did with part one, I'll let you know when the reviews up.

Rating: MMMM
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.