News Update :

New UK Single Releases: 23rd January 2012, LANA DEL RAY, PROFESSOR GREEN and COVER DRIVE

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Almost didn't do the music post this week but thanks to a chance email I decided to crack on with it, still not to much new music to talk about but everything released this week is listed below with my thoughts on the songs.

Bon Iver – 'Towers' - An American Indie folk band from Wisconsin, or at least that's where the lead singer wrote their first album back in 2007. This isn't actually a bad song it's very easy to listen to, background music kind of stuff.

Leonard Cohen – 'The Darkness' - Not my idea of fun at all, this guy is pretty old and listening to this song I was almost drove to self harm.

Cover Drive – 'Twilight' - I hadn't heard of these guys, they are a relatively new group from Barbados who do pop and R&B music. I think this will probably do quite well in the charts as it is very catchy and current. Their first single went to number 9 in the UK chart and their debut album is due to be released later this year.


Charlotte Gainsbourg – 'Anna' - Probably more famous for her acting in French films as apposed to her singing but, she has been on the go for over 20 years now performing with her father at the age of just 15, she has since released two albums to big critical success.

Nerina Pallot – 'All Bets Are Off' - A BRIT award winning UK solo artist who in all honesty I have not heard of, I'm not so sure on this song though very easy to listen to admittedly but not really for me.

Professor Green – 'Never Be A Right Time' - Professor Green is everywhere right now, his releases are pretty much assured chart topping success, I have to be honest he's not my favourite artist I'm not really into any UK music like this but, this song is very good probably one of his best yet in my opinion, take a look at the video below and let me know what you think.


Lana Del Rey – 'Born To Die' - Again, this lady is really big news right now, she does have a brilliant voice and her music is considered very capturing but I have to say again it's not for me, I'd rather take in Ed Sheeran.

Ren Harvieu – 'Through The Night' -Ren is a new UK artist who is expected to do big things this year, the music in my opinion, not that good and I don't think I will be buying any of it.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.