News Update :

New UK Cinema Releases: 20th April 2012, SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN, LOCKOUT and GONE

Friday 20 April 2012

Plenty going on down your local cinema this weekend and as always here at Movies Music & Television I'm here to tell you what will be worth your time checking out. Let's see, Ewan McGregor is off doing some fishing in a desert, some "guy" is going to a space prison and finally Dexter's Jennifer Carpenter stars as someones sister who has gone missing (I think).


My top pick of the week goes to Lockout starring Guy Pearce, Maggie Grace, Peter Stormare and no one else you'll of heard of.

Guy Pearce plays Snow, a man who is wrongly convicted of espionage in the US (probably his English accent), Snow is offered a chance to make a men's for the crime by travelling to a space prison where violent in-mates have taken control. In order to get off with the charge Snow must rescue the President's daughter Emilie (Maggie Grace, Taken).

Lockout looks like a really good actioner and I have to say they have spent plenty money promoting it via trailers on TV, I don't think you can go wrong with two action packed popcorn eating hours.


Next on the list this week is Salmon Fishing in the Yemen starring Ewan McGregor, Amr Waked, Emily Blunt and Kristin Scott Tomas

From what I can make of it Ewan McGregor is a British fisheries expert who is called upon by a wealthy Sheik from Yemen, the Sheik wants to bring his favourite past time of Salmon fishing to his country believing it's a way to enrich the lives of his people. Problem is he lives in a desert and needs the help of McGregor to make his dream a reality.

On face value I really didn't think I would have a decent word to say about Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, but I saw Ewan McGregor interviewed on Graham Norton last week and the way he put the movie over really doesn't seem to bad, on saying that I don't think I will be in the cinema cue for a ticket come Saturday night, I mean do you know how much cinema tickets are these days!

Last one this week is Gone starring Amanda Seyfried, Jennifer Carpenter, Wes Bentley and Daniel Sunjata

Not to many details on this but basically it follows Jill (Seyfried) a girl who's sister is kidnapped opening up unnerving memories for her, as two years before she herself was kidnapped and now she believes that the serial killer that took her has came back for her sister.

I actually thought that Gone was released here in the UK about a month or so ago and maybe it featured in this post back then, however that may have been a preview screening or something, again there has been plenty money spent on promotion but I don't think I'll be in the cue.


Lockout definitely wins the week for me, although I am a bigger fan of Ewan McGregor than I am of Guy Pearce, but that's by the by. If (and it's a big IF) I want to watch a fishing show I'll put Robson Greens Extreme Fishing (the best one) on TV.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.