News Update :

Blu-ray Movie Review: THE SOCIAL NETWORK Starring Jessie Eisenberg

Thursday 12 April 2012

I have actually put off watching The Social Network, I've heard plenty people say that it’s a pretty good movie but I just never really felt inclined to watch it. I know who Mark Zuckerberg is of course and I know many people have tried to sue him over the actual ownership/idea behind Facebook, I can’t say it really interested me though, after all without his genius programming knowledge Facebook would probably never have been what it is and my Blackberry would be a lot quieter with updates.

Starring: Jessie Eisenberg, Rooney Mara, Dustin Fitzsimmons, Joseph Mozello, Andrew Garfield and Justin Timberlake

The Plot

The Social Network is the story of Facebook owner Mark Zuckerberg and takes us back to the fall of 2003 when one night Zuckerberg grabbed himself a beer and started coding for a site which at the time he called "The Facebook", an idea adapted from an internal Harvard computer system which was already in place. What follows is Facebook’s rise to revolutionise the way we communicate and the legal battles that Zuckerberg faced following Facebook going live.

The Verdict

Been putting off from watching The Social Network? Then let me tell you, stop there and get out to buy or rent this on DVD OR Blu-ray, really the movie is that impressive and it’s a complete comparison from what I was expecting, I really enjoyed the way the story was
told, although mostly fictional from what I'm lead to believe. Also the acting by all involved was something else with Eisenberg as the real star of the show.


If your thinking that The Social Network will just be a geek fest then you are wrong, also if you think that Zuckerberg writing pages and pages of Internet code is going to give you an idea that will make you a billionaire you are wrong. The Social Network is not going to give you any ideas like that its more character based with some very good laughs thrown in for good measure. The characters where the best bit for me, apart from Zuckerberg himself you have Eduardo Saverin (Andrew Garfiled) the co-founder of Facebook and in all honesty the money behind the venture, I actually felt quite sorry for this guy as he considered Mark Zuckerberg to be his best friend, then you have Dustin Mosovitz (Joseph Mozello) co-owner of Facebook, who seems to take more of a back seat. Finally Sean Parker (Justin Timberlake) the founder of Napster and the man who helped Zukerberg propel Facebook to where it is today.

I really liked the way the movie was handled set in the present day in court room scenes, well offices with solicitors, Zuckerberg and others arguing over the ownership of Facebook, what it done was every bit of the story we got told in the room was a flashback to how it played out, I really liked that and have to say The Social Network really is a great movie and not what I was expecting at all, I can’t recommend it enough.

Would I watch it again?

Yeah, totally, I thought this was really good and I can’t wait to see it again.

Rating: MMMM
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.