News Update :

New UK Cinema Releases: 13th April 2012, BATTLESHIP, THE CABIN IN THE WOODS and BLACKTHORN

Friday 13 April 2012

I have to tell you straight off this is not the best week ever for movies, probably more like one of the worst in fact, but as always here at Movies Music & Television I’ll take you through what may be worth your time this weekend. You have a new super scary (I think)
horror, Independence Day on a boat and Butch Cassidy is back fresh out the 60’s.



I’ll start with my pick of the week as always, its Battleship starring Alexander Skarsgard, Liam Neeson, Brooklyn Decker, Taylor Kitsch and popstar Rhianna

Battleship is based on Hasbro comic book novel Combat Game, and follows an international fleet of ships who are on a Naval war games exercise. Whilst there they encounter an alien force known as “The Regent” and a air and sea battle ensues.

I don’t know anything about the books or Hasbro comics but when I was younger we had a video game named Battleships where you used to have put coordinates in and try to blow your opponent (the computer) out the water, however I don’t think it’s the same thing. In all honesty if I see any of the movies released this week Battleship will probably be it, check out the trailer below.


Next on this week’s list is Blackthorn starring Sam Shepard, Eduardo Noriega and Stephen Rea

Blackthorn is set in Bolivia and follows legendary cowboy Butch Cassidy (Sam Shepard) who now calls himself James Blackthorn. Butch or James (whatever you want to call him) is making one last attempt to get home, a journey which sees him team up with a young robber, and the pair become a target for gangs and cops, or lawmen as they were
known then.


I have no interest in Westerns at all, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid released in 1969 is a movie I’ve never seen, nor do I intend watching. If Butch was around then what’s he doing in Bolivia?

Last one to mention this week is The Cabin in The Woods starring Kristen Connelly, Chris Hemswroth and Anna Hutchinson

It’s the latest teenage type horror thing that you’ll all love, a bunch of people go to stay in a creepy cabin which is in the middle of nowhere, well apart from the woods obviously, when there they get more than they bargain for and must try and figure out the truth behind The Cabin in The Woods.

Horror is not a genre that I’m a fan of and from what I’ve seen of this movie up to now it seems a lot like Cabin Fever, a movie I watched expecting to get a scare. All I got was bored.

Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.