News Update :

Blu-ray Review: DUE DATE Starring Robert Downey Jr

Monday 2 April 2012

Ok, so I've had this review of Due Date sitting waiting half finished for weeks now, reason? Well, it really wasn't all that good. In fact I would go as far as to say that it's pretty rubbish and I don't recommend it at all, the worst rental movie I have seen so far, bare in mind I haven't been renting that long.

Starring: Robert Downey Jr, Zach Galifianakis, Michelle Monaghan, Jamie Foxx and Juliette Lewis

The Plot

It's pretty straight forward really Downey Jr plays Peter Highman, a high strung businessman who needs to get home to LA in time for the birth of his first child, all is going well until he bumps into aspiring actor and Two and a Half Men fanatic Ethan Trembley (Galfianakis). The pair get into an argument on the plane before being thrown off and having bans placed on them. Stuck with no way home Peter is forced to hitch a ride with the extremely strange Ethan.

The Verdict

I have to say I was really disappointed with Due Date, the film on a whole failed on every level for me and quite honestly I was board and only watched it to the conclusion in order to type out what will be a very short review with some Blu-ray extras. Considering the two lead characters who were involved I really was expecting more, I had thoughts of The Hangover and other movies of that calibre what I got was something which really just seemed rather pointless.

It’s a road movie as you’ve probably gathered and with no real story other than Downey Jr needing to get home Due Date is left to rely on dialogue between the actors, that would probably have been fine with Doweny Jr however he is let down majorly by Galifianakis which is a shame because I do like the guy he is very funny. Unfortunately the
funny does not quite roll in Due Date and he just comes across as pretty stupid and unbelievable.


Sound and Colour - As always with Blu-ray these are both brilliant, being a road movie they run past plenty of nice locations so the picture quality is there to be seen.

Itsrainingtwoandahalfmen.com

That's: It's Raining Two and a Half Men.com, yes the website does actually exist because I know those of you who haven't seen this movie already will be thinking about Googling it, that's what I did. The site is fictional of course, as it's set up by Zach Galafinakis' character Ethan Trembley in the movie because he is a huge fan of Two and a Half Men. The site used to feature a head shot of Ethan Trembley, now it just diverts you to the Warner Brothers sales page offering you the chance to buy the Due Date DVD or Blu-ray, personally I wouldn't bother with either.

Blu-ray Special Features

The Complete Two and a Half Men Scene Featuring Ethan Trembley - This was actually funnier than the movie, maybe they should have just done a feature length episode of Two and a Half Men starring Zach Galfianakis and Robert Downey Jr.

Deleted Scenes - Yeah, well the scenes are deleted for a reason. That's all I have to say.

Gag Reel - Very funny, similar to that of The Hangover, they should probably have left some of these in, the movie would have been a lot funnier.

Due Date: Too Many Questions - Another look at the scene where Ethan has just offered Peter a lift and he is trying to get to know him better by asking "too many questions", it wasn't funny first time round nor was it funny on the extra scene although they did throw in some extra questions (I think).

Due Date: Action Mash-Up - A quick flick of all the movies action scenes, it lasts seconds and hardly seems worth the effort. This seems to be a feature on Todd Philips movies as he included a Action Mash-Up on The Hangover.

Would I watch it again?

No, I'd sooner watch The Hangover on repeat.

Rating: M
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.