News Update :

New Cinema Releases: 20th May 2011

Friday 20 May 2011

Welcome back to theweekly cinema post, no ranting this week.  Blogger seems to be back to it's normal self, and it's the first time in weeks where a big blockbuster movie has been released and a couple of other decent ones for you to see to.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides


Starring: Johnny Depp, Penelope Cruz and Geoffrey Rush


Swash buckling Captain Jack Sparrow is back in the latest outing of Pirates of The Caribbean.  I have to admit and this is a little embarrasing, especially when I run a movie blog but, I have only seen the original pirates movie.  Don't ask me why it's just one of them that I have not got around to.


This insatllment of the franchis sees Jack and Barbosa going in search of the fabled fountain of youth, only for them to find out that captain Jack's nemesis Blackbreard and his daughter are also in search of the elusive fountain.  Jack does not know who to be more afraid of Blackbeard or his seemingly scheming daugheter.


Blitz


Starring: Jason Statham, Paddy Considine and Aidan Gillen


Now for me this movie looks awesome and I can guarantee I will be making it my business to see it in the next couple of weeks and provide you with a review.  I did not really how cool or how much of a bad ass Jason Statham is until I saw The Expendebles, a friend of mine said recently he should have got the role as James Bond.  I don't think he is quite that cool but, maybe you think diffrent, let me know.


This movie sees Statham play a tough street wise cop who is dispatched to go after a serial killer who is specifically targeting police officers.


Age Of Heroes


Starring: Sean Bean, Danny Dyer and Izabella Miko

So Sean Bean is back in movies fresh from making all those mobile phone adverts, something new for Danny Dyer also who always stars in gangster movies.  It has been a while since I saw or new anything of a war movie being released, in fact the last one I saw was Jarhead with Jake Gyllenhaal.


This movie is a true story about the formation of Ian Fleming's 30 Commando unit which was set up during the second World war.  The unit were the original elite and the precursor for the Special Air Service (SAS).


I could not find a trailer on YouTube for this, their must be a video game or something with the same name.  If you want to check out the trailer then here is the link to IMDB.

So that's it for another week of movies, don't forget their will be plenty of news coming through the week and maybe a review if I get round to it.  Be sure not to miss any of it, subscribe to the RSS feed and read every post, leave your comments below I respond to them all and lastly remember the new Facebook page be sure to click "like".  Thanks for dropping by and catch you Sunday morning for the weekly Britain's Got Talent post.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.