News Update :

NBC Cancel The Event

Monday 16 May 2011

Now this is new I heard back earlier in the week possibly late last week, and I have to say I'm a little disappointed.  I have watched this show every week since it started and I'm quite intrigued.

For those of you who have not seen the Event.  It follows Sean Walker (Jason Ritter) who's girlfriend is kidnapped and mysteriously disappears.  It soon becomes apparent that Laila's (Sean's girlfriend) father has been hired to fly a plane into the compound of the president, that attempt fails and the President learns that a secret has been kept from him which includes a secret compound in Inostranka, Alaska.  at the compound are prisoners who are Aliens and the President decides to release them.

Like Flashforward this show does get slow on occasions but manages to leave you wanting more at the end of every episode.  Lets not forget this was billed as the new Lost, which I watched every single episode of, it got slow at times and the end of the show, well!  We all know how much of a let down that was.

I had a feeling something like this was going to happen with The Event, the show airs here on Channel 4, originally the show was on at 10pm.  Week before last it was moved to 11pm and now its not on til midnight, why?  Is it really that bad?  Am I one of the only people watching this show?

I don't think I am the only person watching this show and really I don't think it is that bad, I will still watch on a Monday night/ Tuesday morning to see where the story goes.  I can understand the cancelling of Flashforward for instance, with that show I was at the point of falling asleep half way through but. the Event has just got something different for me I enjoy the show and I'm surely not the only one.

Let me know what you think in the comments below, and don't forget the new Facebook page and to subscribe to the RSS.  Thanks for dropping by and if I'm not back before, then I will see you Friday for the weekly movies post.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.