News Update :

New UK Cinema Releases: 23rd March 2012, THE HUNGER GAMES and ACT OF VALOR

Friday 23 March 2012

I’m back as always giving you the low down on what may and may not be worth your time going to the cinema over this weekend, and I’m afraid that once again I don’t really have a lot to report on new UK movie releases, it’s not a strong week at all. You are lucky in one sense that this weeks top movie currently sits at number 1 in IMDB rankings, and the other is a real story and stars real people rather than actors pretending to be people.


I’ll start as always with this week’s biggest release The Hunger Games is considered by many to be one of the most anticipated movies of this year. Given all the hype I really haven’t heard too much on it, so let’s see what light I can shed in my summary below.

Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth, The Hunger Games is a new action / sci-fi / drama based in the not-to-distant future. North America has collapsed and the country is now split into the Capitol and 12 districts. Each year two young representatives are selected from the lottery to take place in the televised Hunger Games. The 24 competitors are then pitted against each other in a fight to the death with the whole nation forced to watch on TV.

Like I said above it’s not something I have seen a lot about, and I’m yet to decide weather it’s done enough to get my interest. It’s one of those where I’ll probably wait to hear a few opinions before giving it any further consideration. Check out the trailer for The Hunger Games and let me know what you think.


Now to that movie with real people that I was telling you about up top, Act of Valor is the name and it’s another that I haven’t heard a great deal about but I do think it’s more promising than The Hunger Games.

Starring: Alexander Asefa, Jeffrey Barnachea and Kenny Calderon, Act of Valor is a new action /adventure / thriller movie which stars actual serving U.S Navy SEALs and is inspired by true events. The SEALs are sent on a rescue mission to recover a CIA agent however, whilst there they discover a plot against the U.S. The team are then sent on a worldwide manhunt as they race to stop a coordinated attack.

Like I said not to many details but I do think this will be a movie worth going to see, if it’s realism that your after then Act of Valor may just have what your looking for. The Act of Valor trailer is here for you to check out.


Not much on this week right? Other than the two I mentioned above there is a French (I think) movie out, that’s about some kid on a bike and this week’s other release sees some guy named Bill released from prison to discover his kids have been abandoned by their mother.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.