News Update :

Cinema Weekly: Ridley Scott is back with PROMETHEUS, Miley Cyrus LOL and SNOW WHITE'S Gone all Dark

Friday 1 June 2012

I suppose you could liken this weeks cinema releases to when The Avengers was released, the week’s biggest movie Prometheus featured on my most anticipated movies of 2012 list back in January, and like the week The Avengers (Avengers Assemble in England) was released movie companies have decided that to play hard ball with legendary Director Ridley Scott would simply not be such a good idea. That said, there is one snowprise in the mix as Snow White and the Huntsman is also released into cinemas today. Mind you, some people (not me, probably kids) included the Snow White thingy in their most anticipated movie lists, which may or may not prove to be a shrewd move.


So, in 1979 (three years before I was born) Ridley Scott succeeded in scaring the s**t out of us all when he released Alien and introduced Riley into our lives, now Ridley is back not with another sequel to the Alien saga but a brand new movie in Prometheus which comes with a stellar cast including Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron and The Wire’s Idris Elba.

Now considering that Prometheus is one of this years most highly anticipated movies I for one have noticed that the hype has not been so crazy in the last week or two. I would say there was probably more surrounding the release of its first trailer which really didn’t give to much away, just incase you missed that post I’ll quickly go over what Prometheus is all about. Prometheus is a ship (a space one) which transports a bunch of explorers to the darkest corners of the universe as they have discovered a clue to the origins of mankind, however when there they face a battle to save the human race.

I wouldn’t worry to much about the hype for this movie dropping off, I’m pretty sure that if you’re a Sci-Fi or Horror fan you will probably love this, maybe dropping the hype has been a deliberate move, maybe I just don’t watch enough adverts to catch the trailers, who knows? What I do know is this, I’ve never seen any of the Alien movies (only bits and pieces) but this does look like a brilliant movie and in my opinion it’s worth the price of a cinema ticket simply because Idris Elba stars, check out the trailer below.


Now, I suppose the fact that they have dared release another decent (apparently) movie this week I really have to mention it, don’t worry though I wont be going into to much detail on Snow White and the Huntsman which stars Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth and would you believe it? Charlize Theron, how did she manage that one? From what I know about this movie it has nothing to do with the fairytale story we all knew growing up where Snow White eats an apple, in fact I’ll stop there I don’t even remember what the story was or any of the characters apart from Snow White herself and the seven dwarfs. This latest release is a different take on things with Hemsworth playing the Huntsman who leads Snow White into the woods in order to kill her, but he ends up becoming her protector. The leading cast above are backed up by some stellar British talent too, in Bob Hoskins, Ray Winstone and Nick Frost, enjoy the trailer.



Now I have a couple more to mention which I probably won’t watch, mainly because I’m not interested, but lets be professional and say that I simply don’t have time in my busy schedule to sit through Miley Cyrus in LOL, a very appropriate title for teenage fans who like to LOL at each other on Facebook and Twitter, no doubt they will love this but in all honesty I don’t even think young Miley is all that popular here in England, then again I don’t watch Hannah Montanna on Nickelodeon (yet) so maybe I have that completely misjudged, I’d say that Billy Ray and his Achy Breaky Heart are much cooler than Miley, LOL. Ok, last one to mention is a British movie which I think is released on DVD the same day its released at the cinema, that speaks volumes for The Angles’ Share starring Paul Brannigan and John Henshaw, the movie follows Robbie (Brannigan) who manages to avoid jail before heading to a whiskey distillery with friends who decide to do something about their hopeless lives.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.