News Update :

New Cinema Releases: 25th March 2011

Thursday 24 March 2011


We are back again this week with everything that is worth your while going to see at the cinema this week.  First off.

Faster

Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Billy Bob Thornton, Maggie Grace, Mike Epps and Carla Gugino


Whats It About?

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson plays Driver an ex con who is released from prison after serving a ten year sentence, for a botched Robbery that went wrong resulting in the death of his brother.  Upon his release Driver meets someone called the Man played by Mike Epps, who supplies him with a list which contains the names of people who double crossed him and his brother in the past.

Driver soon attracts the attention of Cicer (Carla Gugino) a detective and cop Billy Bob Thornton who close to retirement is suffering from a drug habit.  Driver soon attracts the attention of Killer (Oliver Jackson-Cohen), who is working on his so called last job and is sent to kill Driver.

Not wanting to give too much away that is all I will say on it, the movie has received a bit of a panning on a couple of the US reviews I have seen.  For me I think anything with Dwayne Johnson is worth a watch and I will definantly adding this to my list of movies to watch and review, check out the Faster trailer below.


Also out this week,

Country Strong

Starring: Gwyneth Paltrow, Tim McGraw, Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester

Whats It About?

Not all that much to say on this one, in my view it's not really a good week for movie releases other than the above.  Paltrow plays a fallen country music star who help out a rising star, together they plot his ascent to the top and her comeback.  As always in the music business it's not that simple and complications arise when the pair become romantically linked, causing complications with Paltrows Husband and Manager played by McGraw (a country music star in his own right).

I am usually a big fan of music Biopic movies, or music movies in general (not musicals), I would have to stand up and say now that I do not believe that I have ever even seen a Gwyneth Paltrow movie.  No wait I tell a lie, just checked IMDB.  Shallow Hal I have seen that, hilarious.  The Talented Mr.Ripley, brilliant movie and also Se7en, again a great movie.  I still can't decide weather I would watch this or not, I probably watched the others for other actors or actresses, lets not forget also that Paltrow is an Oscar winner so her acting talent is not in question, but for me I'm just not a fan.  Check out the Country Strong trailer below.


So their you have it for another week at the movies, like I say not much going on really.  My top choice would be Faster and if you have kids then A Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventure may be the way forward.

Don't forget to leave your comments as always, I respond to them all.  If you liked this then check out some UPCOMING MOVIES and take a look at SUPER 8 and don't forget we are over at twitter.com/@Martyv28 thanks for dropping by and we will be back on Sunday with the weekly music post, unless their is some interesting movie news that needs to be shared over the weekend.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.