News Update :

This Week In Cinema's.... Mark Wahlberg and his Foul Mouthed Teddy Bear TED

Thursday 2 August 2012

We seem to have hit that point in the summer where for a couple of week's the studio's decide not to release to much, don't worry though they'll be back on their A-Game soon with the release of The Bourne Legacy and The Expendables 2. I suppose they need to give the hype of The Dark Knight Rises a couple of weeks to weaken off before they go all out again. Anyway, that's not to say that there is nothing being released this week. TED comes out today, that's the biggest of the bunch, but there's also a new thriller movie about some woman and her cult and believe it or not there is another Christian Bale movie released this week.

First I'll start with Ted starring Mark Wahlberg, Seth McFarlane, Mila Kunis and the man from yesterdays movie review Giovanni Ribisi. Now Ted as you would imagine is the brain child of actor/producer and writer Seth McFarlane, the man behind the most ridiculous TV show ever Family Guy, actually if you want my honest opinion it's a complete load of shit (pardon the French). Ted however, looks like a whole lot of fun compared to talking cartoon dogs, could my Seth McFarlane opinion be changing? Well, probably not but I do think that Ted looks absolutely hilarious and if the Red-Band trailer is anything to go by then I'm sure we won't be disappointed. In Ted, John is a kid who happens to have a Christmas miracle happen by bringing his best friend and teddy bear Ted to life, problem is once Ted is brought to life he won't turn back to a teddy bear and over time he becomes incredibly inappropriate and offensives, now John (Mark Wahlberg) being an adult must make a decision, does he stay with his girlfriend (The gorgeous Mila Kunis) or ditch her for his crack addict teddy? Check out the trailer, it's the rude one.


Looks funny right? Ok, so maybe you won't go to the pictures to see Ted but it's definitely worth renting on DVD or Blu-ray when it's released.

Now onto that thriller I mentioned above, it's called The Sound Of My Voice and stars Christopher Denham, Nicole Vicius and Brit Marling, now I'll be honest I've never even heard of the movie until I started researching this post (yesterday) but a quick flick around the Internet and a few reads later and The Sound of My Voice actually looks pretty good and gets a pretty decent write up. In the movie Brit Marling plays Maggie, the leader of a cult claiming to be from the future, a journalist is assigned to investigate her however things don't go to plan when he and his girlfriend start to feel the draw.


It's a movie I'll probably never get round to seeing myself but I think it was worthy of a mention here, from what I've heard Brit Marling is pretty impressive not only in this but in pretty much everything she has done.

Now I'm not going into any detail on this last movie but it's the one I mentioned above which stars Batman himself Christian Bale, it's called The Flowers of War and looks like it's a Japanese movie, all the other cast involved are people I haven't heard of and I don't think I'll be going to watch this one. The studio have pulled quite a card having it released now, I would imagine they are hoping to ride the Christian Bale wave which is currently surging through the UK box office.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.