News Update :

New TV Shows Fall 2012, 666 PARK AVENUE, REVOLUTION, LAST RESORT, VEGAS and ARROW, What Will I be Reviewing?

Thursday 30 August 2012

Did you catch the post yesterday relating to all the returning shows that I will be watching and reviewing this year? No, well be sure to go check that out, if you didn’t and can’t be bothered then you should know that Dexter and Person of Interest will be the main two shows that I will be reviewing weekly, whilst also dipping in and out of Homeland and The Walking Dead. In this post I want to talk about all the new shows which will be coming our way this fall, which ones I will be watching and what will be added to my review list, your comments and suggestions are welcome as always and please let me know if there is anything I’ve missed which should be included here. I will review all the “Pilot” episodes of the shows which are mentioned below.

Revolution (NBC, Monday’s @10pm) – Premiere September 17th

I put out the trailer for NBC’s Revolution some time ago now and I have to say that out of everything that is new this season this is the show that I’m most looking forward to. The reasons? Well, firstly it’s brought to us by J.J. Abrams and his production company Bad Robot, responsible for shows like Lost and Person of Interest, however there names can also be seen alongside some of TV’s lesser shows, like Alcatraz for example. Revolution looks to be in a different league all together from Alcatraz though and seems like it could truly be the next Lost, although if like me you watch Person of Interest that is brilliant also. Revolution picks up its story fifteen years after the loss of all electrical power and energy, having mysteriously disappeared we follow a group of survivors (including Breaking Bad’s Giancarlo Esposito) on their mission to survive the world they find themselves in. It looks really good and I can’t wait to see how it works out, let’s just hope it fares better than Alcatraz and does miles better than NBC’s last drama effort Awake.

666 Park Avenue (ABC, Sunday’s @10pm) – Premiere September 30th

I’m not really sure what to make of this show right now, it does look really good but I fear for me that there may be a few hide behind the pillow moments, no only kidding I will watch this show but I’m unsure as to weather or not I will be reviewing it every week. The show has a supernatural edge but is billed as a drama, it follows the new managers of a hotel named 666 Park Avenue (of course), the new managers come to learn that there esteemed guests may not be all that they seem. I will probably watch the first few episodes and see how it goes from there.


Last Resort (ABC, Thursday’s @8pm) – Premiere September 27th

Last Resort is another show which I’m not really that sure on, the reason I say that is because of its scheduling. The premise here looks pretty good and we are set to follow a US Submarine crew who are out on exercise when they refuse to obey a direct order of firing missiles at Pakistan, their refusal makes them become the enemy and the US fire on them causing them to take refuge on a fictional island named Sainte Marina, knowing that they are now enemies of their own country they declare themselves a sovereign state with nuclear capabilities whilst also trying to find out who set them up. What puts me off? Well… Terra Nova came with an interesting premise which had a lot of people excited, but the scheduling was similar to this show in that it aired at 8pm, meaning family TV. I hope Last Resort turns out a little better but I guess we will have to wait and see.

 
Vegas (CBS, Tuesday’s @10pm) – Premiere September 25th

Set in the 1960’s I’m not so sure that Vegas will get my full attention, I let Magic City go by without watching the Pilot after all. Vegas does come with a strong cast and a mobster storyline through so you never know, maybe I’ll surprise myself. The show is the true life story of Sheriff Ralf Lamb (played by Dennis Quaid) who formerly worked as a rancher, he was the Sheriff in Clark County from 1961 to 1979 and this charts his battle against mobster Vincent Savino (Michael Chiklis). The show also stars Terra Nova’s Jason O’Mara, so I will watch the Pilot and then see how it goes from there I think.

 
Arrow (The CW, Wednesday’s @8pm) – Premiere October 10th

I know very little about this show other than its based on a DC comic book hero named Green Arrow who is clearly not famous enough to get a movie deal. Comic book adaptations are not really my thing if I’m honest, I don’t mind the movies but I attempted to watch The Cape a while back and that was terrible so I will treat the arrow as a back up in case all of the above fails to impress me.

 
So, that’s it for the new shows coming this year, Revolution is by far and away the favourite for me and we will just see how the rest get on, there will of course be British TV to review including The X Factor which features Nicole Scherzinger, BBC's Good Cop and Luther is also set to return which this year, then there is always movies and box sets, I'm currently a couple of episodes into season one of Sons Of Anarchy courtesey of LOVEFiLM Instant which I will be reviewing soon. Any thoughts?
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.