News Update :

This Week In Cinema's..... It's All Pretty Stupid

Friday 24 August 2012

Well following on from last weeks disappointing experiment of the weekly cinema releases over at Hubpages I now find myself back here, from now on I think I’ll leave football to Hubpages and keep movies and TV shows exclusively here, much like last week, this weeks releases are not out on Friday, the ones I’m going to mention below actually came out yesterday 24 August 2012. So what we got? Well, there is a brilliant new comedy starring just about every funny man in Hollywood, there is also a new British comedy starring Celebrity Juice front man Keith Lemon and finally a remake of the Three Stooges.

As always I’ll start with what will be the most popular movie of the week, Keith Lemon: The Film, probably not everyone’s preferred choice for the box office topper this week but over here in the UK Keith Lemon is hugely popular thanks to his hit ITV 2 show Celebrity Juice. Also starring in the movie is just about all of Keith’s “celebrity” friends, most of who have been involved with movies and TV in some way or another. I’ll be honest it’s a pretty shitty premise which charts the rags to riches story of TV personality Keith Lemon, real name Leigh Francis, Francis also wrote the movie where he plays his alter ego Lemon who invents a phone with a light up lemon on the back (supposedly the iPhone) that he sells for loads of money, leading him to a life of fame and fortune as well as a relationship with actress Kelly Brook. Take a look at the trailer below.



I’ll be honest I’m actually a big fan of Keith Lemon or Leigh Francis, whatever you want to call him, I loved Celebrity Juice, but for me I think Lemon has sold the alter ego thing to far down the line now, his latest reality TV show Lemon La Vida Loca is deplorable and as much as I may watch this I fear that I will be cringing and switching off after about ten minutes.

Next one to mention this week is The Watch starring Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughan, Jonah Hill and Richard Ayoade. Again like Keith Lemon above The Watch comes with a very silly premise, only this time it’s handled Hollywood style in the manner we have come to expect from all involved. The guys basically form themselves a neighbourhood watch
team in order to escape the humdrum lives they lead, however the job quickly becomes serious when they realise that the boring town they live in has actually been taken over by aliens who are posing as your typical American suburbanites. Now, “The Watch” has a job on their hands not only to save the town they live in but the entire world.






I saw the trailer for The Watch a while ago now and I have to say it looks really, really funny. It’s not one I would go to the cinema and see but you can be sure that I will be checking it out at some point.

Last one to mention this week is The Three Stooges starring Sean Hayes, Chris iamantopoulos and Will Sassso, I’m pretty sure this is a remake or re-hash although I have never actually seen the original (that I can remember), I have heard it referred to plenty times but never had the viewing experience, which I’ve heard is pretty good fun. All I can think is that this must be the week for stupid and silly movie releases as this like the other two seems to be a no brainer comedy (kind of like Dumb & Dumber, just not as funny). I don’t have to go to much into the plot here but basically Larry, Curly and Moe who work as caretakers in the orphanage where they were brought up end up embroiled in a murder plot which sees them starring in a hit reality TV show. Check out the trailer below.


Yeah, looks pretty stupid right? I don’t think I will be in a hurry to see the Stooges at the cinema or on DVD, but who knows? If it gains a big enough following then maybe I’ll be forced into taking a look.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.