News Update :

Movies With Great Soundtracks

Sunday 16 January 2011


There are hundreds of thousands of movies out there, probably millions actually.   I was reading a blog today http://eatmusic-site.blogspot.com/ which got me thinking of movies that I have watched and then gone onto to download the entire soundtrack or just searched for some individual songs that I loved and wanted to add to my iPod, actually iPod may be stretching it, I don’t think iPod’s where invented when some of the songs or movies where released.  Let’s say I recorded them onto tape somehow and listened to them on my Walkman, pretty retro!
This is in no particular order so here’s my list, enjoy
Save the Last Dance (2001) starring Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas

If you don’t love or even like this movie then I am sure you could not help but tap your feet to the slamming hip hop and R & B tracks, the mix of hip hop and ballet dancing really bring the music to life.  The main song in the movie and the one which I downloaded was a massive hit all over in nightclubs and bars, yes of course it’s “Fatman Scoop – Be Faithful”, the other two songs in the movie which I really liked where also big hits “Ice Cube – You Can Do It” and “Montell Jordan – Get It On Tonite”.  The soundtrack is available courtesy of Rawkus entertainment.


From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) starring George Clooney and Quentin Tarantino

This movie is a classic and is typical Tarantino mixing violence a great storey and brilliant music all into one.  The music here was kind of Blues rock which I love, the scene in the bar when they all turn to vampires and the band are playing, just great music.  I did not buy the soundtrack to this movie and the only song which I downloaded was “The Blasters – Dark Night”.  The soundtrack to the movie was written by Jimmie Vaughan.

Friday (1995) starring Ice Cube and Chris Tucker

I loved this movie and lost count of how many times I watched it when I was a teenager, not seen it for a long while now “hey Smokey’s back here taking a shit” Haha, great.  The soundtrack to this movie is also great mixing it up with big hip hop beats and some old skool tunes, but yet again I never bought the full version only one song “Dr Dre – Keep Their Heads Ringing”


Road House (1989) Patrick Swayze
I will still sit and watch this movie to this day not only because I love it but because of the music from the late great Jeff Healey.  Jeff Healey was a fantastic blue’s guitarist, Jeff and his band (The Jeff Healey Band) are responsible for some great rocking blues songs.  Jeff also starred in the movie, he played Cody the man who was always booked to play the bar, the movie also included his band.  So let’s get to the songs I loved “Jeff Healey – Hoochie Coochie Man” and “Jeff Healey – When The Night Comes Falling”.


Commando (1985) Arnold Schwarznegger

Ok this movie might not have much of a soundtrack, but when I was younger I loved it, believe it or not I was only 3 years old when this movie was released, no id didn’t watch it then.  I have seen this movie numerous times though and would still watch it now if I saw it was on TV, now to the music the very last scene in the movie Arnie walking off the beach with his daughter to this song “The Power Station – We Fight For Love”.

Well that is my list hope you enjoyed it, I have got myself thinking about all kind of movies now.

Kepp visiting or follow me for all the latest news, reviews and gossip from music, movies and TV, remember you can E-Mail me at musicgamingvideo@gmail.com or follow me at twitter.com/@Martyv28

Thanks for visiting.








Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.