News Update :

This Week In Cinemas….. Joseph Gordon Levitt has to Kill his Future self, Resident Evil is Back and a New Comedy starring all the Regulars

Friday 28 September 2012

Hello, and welcome as always to the weekly cinema releases here at Movies, Music & Television. As always I’m here to give you the low down on what is worth your time going to see down at your local cinema this weekend. In what’s probably one of the most highly anticipated movie release weeks this year, one movie really stands out from the crowd as something which in the Sci-Fi genre could go on to top what The Matrix achieved back in it’s day.
 
 
I’ll start as always with that game changing Sci-Fi blockbuster brought to us by Rian Johnson, LOOPER stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis, Emily Blunt, Paul Dano and Jeff Daniels, over at Slash Film Looper is regarded as one of 2012’s most highly anticipated movies and after watching several trailers and TV spots it’s easy to figure out why. In the film Gordon-Levitt plays Joe, a mob enforcer who works with a group of people known as “Loopers”, in the year 2042 their job is simple, be in a certain place at a certain time for the arrival of a time traveller from the year 2072, their task, assassinate the time traveller on the spot, no questions asked. Joe is one of the best Loopers in the business until one day his world unravels as the time traveller sent back for him to assassinate is his older self played by Bruce Willis, he hesitates for the first time ever and Old Joe escapes. Check out the latest trailer and let me know what you think.

 
It goes without saying that I will be watching Looper as soon as I get the chance, I don’t remember a time when a movie came with as much hype, I don’t even think Prometheus was treated to this much, I just hope that Looper will live up to it all.

Next one to mention this week is RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION starring Mila Jovovich, Sienna Guillory and Michelle Rodriguez. I have to hold my hands up here and say that I’ve never actually seen any of the other Resident Evil movies, I have a few memories of shooting zombies during the video game back in the day on my Playstation but other than that I’m going in blind, not a good thing when you consider that lead actress Mila Jovovich is wearing tight leather throughout this entire movie, hopefully. In this movie Alice (Jovovich) wakes up and continues her fight against the zombies who have all been infected with The Umbrella Corporations T-virus, check out the trailer.



 
Like I said, I’ve never seen one of these movies yet and whether Jovovich is wearing leather or not, I don’t think I’m going to start watching now, one for the video game enthusiast I would think.

Time to get stupid now as we head over to check out THE CAMPAIGN starring Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis, Jason Sudekis, Jon Lithgow and Dan Aykroyd, with the names mentioned you can pretty much guess where we are going with this, a pretty daft political comedy which will no doubt suit fans of Ferrell. The plot basically follows two CEO’s of a corporation who want to take control of the North Carolina District, the only way they can do this is by ousting the current mayor, for this they send in their own candidate for the job and from there I would imagine the laughs ensue. Check out the trailer and let me know how stupid you think this is.

 
So, yeah it may well be pretty stupid, but as you know I have watched things like this in the past (Step Brothers) and enjoyed them for a laugh, I certainly won’t be visiting my local cinema to see The Campaign but maybe I will catch it on TV at some point.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.