News Update :

This Week In Cinemas..... A 70’s TV Show Movie Remake and Spooky goings on For Kids in ParaNorman

Friday 14 September 2012

Only two movies for you this week, unfortunately I missed last weeks post which would have seen some good talking points with the releases of the impressive looking Lawless starring Tom Hardy and Shia LaBeouf, plus action from Karl Urban in comic book adaption Dredd 3D, I suppose I would have had to give a nod to Anna Karenina too starring Keira Knightly, not my kind of thing by the looks of trailers but those period dramas (which Keira always seems to get the nod for) always seem to get nominated for Oscars and who knows what else. So, back to this week and two to mention, as always I’ll start with my favoured choice.

Wednesday saw the much anticipated release of 70’s TV show remake The Sweeney starring Ray Winstone, Ben Drew, Hayley Atwell and Homeland’s Damien Lewis. I have never seen the original TV show, it’s a bit before my time but I have to admit the trailers I have seen for this movie remake do look impressive. I saw Ben Drew, otherwise known as rapper Plan B interviewed on Jonathan Ross and he gave a really good account of the movie. I really know nothing about the movie other than it’s based on the 70’s British TV show and follows the exploits of a Detective in London’s Metropolitan Police Flying Squad, being an East end flick gangsters will probably come into it somewhere down the line, after all looking at the poster Ben Drew is holding an automatic machine gun, I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure that kind of fire power is not standard police issue, even in the Flying Squad. Take a look at the trailer and let me know what you think.

 
I think I will give this movie a go, it looks like a pretty gritty British offering, kind of like Jason Statham’s Blitz. Ben Drew also continues to impress me, this is the second film he has done recently, the previous was Ill Manors which he Directed, Produced and wrote, proving that he is a really talented guy, top marks here I say.

Now to ParaNorman released today just in time for the kids weekend off school, it stars the voice talents of Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Casey Affleck, Anna Kendrick and John Goodman. Kid’s movies are becoming all the more appealing to me, simply because I have kids and the oldest is of the age where she wants to start watching everything she sees advertised. I don’t really know a great deal about young Norman (voiced by Kodi Smit-McPhee) other than he is a young misunderstood boy who can talk to ghosts, he is forced into a situation which sees him fighting with said ghosts, as well as zombies and grown-ups, sounds great. Check out the trailer below.

 
I don’t think I’ll be watching ParaNorman anytime soon, thing is I like my sleep and seeing as my oldest is only 4, I don’t think exposing her to a story about ghosts and zombies would be the best way for me to go about getting the sleep I enjoy, so, yeah I’ll take a reign check for now thanks.
Share this Article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Copyright Movies Music & Television 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.